ok, I have been having terrible luck with my Curve. The most recent issue is kinda goofy, it just can seem to find a setting to change it.

I am with Tmobile and when I am on EDGE, if i go to 'Manage Connections' and down to 'Mobile Network Options' it says Tmobile. However, and here is the goofy part, when I am at home (where I do not have reception and rely on UMA/WIFI) when it tries to connect to my WIFI, it changes to AT&T in 'Mobile Network Options'

My home network is compatible with BB's, I have been using my Curve for over a year there now (I have been using a refurbished phone since June/July though) but these issues are just domino-ing on me now!

I got a new SIM card about 2 weeks ago because I got an 'Initialization Failed' prompt on my home screen. So what in the world is my problem now?

Thanks in advance.
    12-16-08 01:53 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Both T-Mobile and AT&T maintain compatible cell networks and support roaming between them. In some locations, you will be hosted by T-Mobile, other places you will get the strongest signal from a roaming partner.

If I understand correctly, after installing a new SIM card, you are getting "Init Failed". Does it still work, or what problems are you seeing?
    12-16-08 03:18 PM
    Sorry, i will clear this up a bit. I got 'Init Failed' before the new sim card and that solved that issue. These are new issues, started late last week
    12-16-08 03:54 PM
    Are you saying it connects to your wi-fi then immediately switches to AT&T roaming? Might be the AT&T signal is stronger than your router. Go to Manage Connections, wi-fi options, and pull up the network details for your router to see the signal strength. You want -50 to -80. Anything beyond -80 probably cause switch to EDGE.
    If it won't connect to your network at all, I'd suggest deleting and re-adding your home network info.
    I had problems at Starbucks because their wi-fi was weaker than EDGE. I had to switch off Mobile Network to latch onto wi-fi. I would advise against it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 02:54 AM
    I ran into EDGE/UMA issues at home. What seems to work is once UMA is active, I switch off the mobile network. This prevents the EDGE signal from overtaking UMA.
    12-30-08 06:57 AM
    However, and here is the goofy part, when I am at home (where I do not have reception and rely on UMA/WIFI) when it tries to connect to my WIFI, it changes to AT&T in 'Mobile Network Options'
    this is exactly my problem. the reason i got the curve was so that i could use my wifi network and use my phone at home even though i get no service... this was working just fine up until a couple hours ago and i dont know how to fix it, ive already done several battery pulls to no avail
    01-02-09 01:18 AM
    My wife has a similar issue with her pearl and the battery pull usually fixes it but I did have to send her back and get a new one at one point. The UMA is great but its seems to me that its kinda of touchy at times.
    01-02-09 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD