So I bought a Curve from this guy. He didn't care, he had gotten an iPhone so he just wanted to unload it. Part of the deal was a 1GB memory card that came with the phone.

Before he sent the phone, he wiped it using the "wipe handheld" command. He must not have realized one thing, though. That command does not erase the memory card.

I just got around to looking at the card last night, after I put it in my wife's 'berry. I wanted to load some tunes for her, etc. Lo and behold, I stumbled upon the blackberry/pictures directory. It's a VERY good thing that I got to it before she did.

Let's just say.....this guy evidently lives a bit of a wild life. And likes to document it. And I'm sitting here with the evidence of him and (evidently) his girlfriend, who is smokin' hot. Maybe even DEAN hot.

What to do, what to do......burn a CD and send the data back? Blackmail and tell him not to cash my check? Erase, forgive and forget? What would YOU do? Oh, and give the real dirt....don't just pick option 3 because you don't have the evidence. heh.

Share with us all.
    04-14-08 09:43 AM
    I would just erase them unless you want them, he probanbly won't want them back. I bet his iphone has better ones already, and you going to blackmail him for <200 bucks?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-08 09:50 AM
    My Choice would be:

Post them on the internet so we all could enjoy them!
    04-14-08 09:50 AM
    My Choice would be:

Believe me, that was my first inclination.

Blackmail for that cash? No way......it would take a lot more than that to buy me off. Guy lives in a penthouse in one of our major fair cities of this country. (and if you think I'm being serious you're nutz)

04-14-08 09:52 AM
    I would say just erase it and enjoy the Curve!
    04-14-08 09:55 AM
    I would ask if he wants to forward copies before trashing them. If you don't your wife/gf might think they're for your pleasure.

04-14-08 09:55 AM
    My Choice would be:

Agreed
    Is the guy famous??
    04-14-08 09:56 AM
    Give the card back to the guy and buy yourself a new card. 1GB cards are not expensive. Don't forget, if you do the blackmail route, they don't allow Blackberries in your prison cell. There should not even be a question of what to do, do the right thing and give the guy his photos.
    Last edited by crimsontide; 04-14-08 at 10:21 AM.
    04-14-08 10:00 AM
    post the pics for everyone to enjoy. You can't really blackmail the guy unless hes someone important or u know thats not his girl.
    04-14-08 10:01 AM
    Enjoy then delete. Save the guy the embarrassment. You got to see them so that is your reward.
    04-14-08 10:03 AM
    Ah yes, before this thread gets out of hand.....my solution is a modified A. I emailed the guy and offered to burn him a CD, also letting him know that I will deep-6 the data as soon as I hear back from him one way or another.

I figure at the very least he's got a right to his info if he wants it. If not, then it'll just be a humorous anecdote to tell my grandkids.

-E
    04-14-08 10:08 AM
    You are wondering what to do.

That says pretty you are not having a moral dilemma.
    04-14-08 10:09 AM
    Delete and move on to bigger and better things with the BB.

04-14-08 10:16 AM
    You are wondering what to do.
    That says pretty you are not having a moral dilemma.
    Good point. It's more of a logistical thing, and some entertainment for the forum on a CrackBerry Monday morning.
    04-14-08 10:18 AM
    Correct!
    04-14-08 10:21 AM
    LOL @ Dean hot...Did anyone every figure out who this guy is?
    04-14-08 04:00 PM
    i would first ask him if he wants it back. sounds like good memories. if not, then just erase it.

wondering why you looked at the pics in the first place..shame on you!lol
    04-14-08 04:06 PM
    I'm searching the forum to find who sold his BB with 1 GB card (and moved on to iPhone) and thinks he got the deal of his lifetime..
    04-14-08 05:45 PM
    Question, do you think Biff (or whatever his name) left the information on the card for you to find? Why? Why not. If he has to document the "acts", then, why would he not want to share? You did say she was smoking hot. Anyway, give it back, get another card, and move on.

04-14-08 05:59 PM
    Deja Vu, somewhat anyway. Just traded my 8800 for a 8320. Funny, the guy wanted rid of the 8320 because he felt as if it was too feminine. Well what does that say about me and the rest of CB. I now have two 8320's and a 8310 (soon to be two of those as well)???

Anyhow, the guy did not wipe the phone and still has personal photos, complete call list including celebrity phone numbers & possibly strippers (no idea if they are valid), cc #'s and etc. I called him to let him know that I could forward the info prior to me wiping it if he didn't have it backed up.
    04-14-08 10:14 PM
    My email is [email protected]. Hint hint.

04-15-08 03:36 AM
    04-15-08 04:02 AM
    When it comes to things like that, always think what if the shoe was on the other foot? Would you like to get blackmailed or just have the guy send you back the card? Hmmmm......
    04-15-08 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD