Since switching over to a new laptop with the dreaded Vista, I can no longer get my Curve to tether........

Smartview no longer recognizes my device whatsoever(I get the "No Wireless Device Detected" now, yet when I check the modem drivers installed, the standard modem driver does not respond when I query it.

The driver windows has installed is from June 2006. Am I just missing on the modem settings or does Windows have the wrong modem driver all together?
    03-25-09 08:12 AM
    I don't know about Smartview, but have done both USB and BlueTooth tethering using Vista 64 on my laptop.
    03-25-09 08:28 AM
    Yeah Smartview may or may not be part of the problem, but it doesn't appear to be............

I'm thinking the modem driver isn't setup properly now for tethering and I don't have my XP laptop to compare my old driver and settings to see what could be wrong
    03-25-09 08:32 AM
    Did you try setting up regular tethering? At least to query the modem?

BTW I'm nearby in Lansdale.
    03-25-09 08:39 AM
    Nice, literally down the road!

No, I didn't and I'm not sure I know how..........I was a Treo user forever so the BB platform is a bunch different for me now. Smartview set everything up for me on my XP laptop so I didn't have to do it manually.
    03-25-09 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD