are there any mod programs out there for the blackberry 8300 series? ive oticed the iphone has some program pwnage and you can modify the **** out of your phone just curious if such a things existed for a bberry.
    thanks
    09-03-08 04:40 PM
    I don't think so. What are you trying to modify it to do?
    09-03-08 04:49 PM
    not necessarly anything imparticular just kinda curious what a program like this could do
    09-03-08 04:54 PM
    There really isnt anything that needs "modified" in the BB OS. Maybe just third party programs that add to usability.
    09-03-08 04:56 PM
    You can't hack the OS, other than removing certain unneeded cod files from the OS load in the shared folder.
    09-03-08 04:57 PM
    Due to the security restraints on the BB OS..a lot of modification is NOT possible...sure you can hack the vendor themes etc..etc, but other then that, not really much you can mod..not sure what you would mod either...carrier splash screen maybe other then that..not anything to mod...the splash screens are hard coded.

To me, I love customization...but in respect of it all..this just proves that the iPhone has far to go in the enterprise environment if one can "hack" it so easily.
    09-03-08 05:00 PM
    Ok thanks for the replies so fast fellas love this site keep livin the dream

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 05:00 PM
    There is a 3rd party app that will let you have plugins on your today screen, and looks like the pocket pc today screen. It replaces the today screen on your BB. Built in are plugins for, appointments, missed calls, tasks, notes, clock/calendar, and a few others. Then you can also purchase add-in pluggies for weather, news, and stocks. The plugins can be customized in the order you want them, and also a bit in how they display as well. Background is also customizable.

Here is a screenie:

The app is called e-mobile Today, and is not free. I do think there is a trial though.

edit: Coming from a PPC, I choose to not use this, as I left PPC for a reason! I don't want to emulate one on my BB! I just mention the app because it is so customizable, and is an alternative to the regular today screen for ppl who want to 'customize' to death.
    09-03-08 05:13 PM
    Due to the security restraints on the BB OS..a lot of modification is NOT possible...sure you can hack the vendor themes etc..etc, but other then that, not really much you can mod..not sure what you would mod either...carrier splash screen maybe other then that..not anything to mod...the splash screens are hard coded.

To me, I love customization...but in respect of it all..this just proves that the iPhone has far to go in the enterprise environment if one can "hack" it so easily.
    that's right mate, iphone sucks on that one, simply get a tool online next thing you know you have hacked your iphone and if u don't know what u r doing dang (lol) you have a brick
    09-05-08 01:56 AM
    The splash screen is really a pain in the ###.Wish I could just change it.
    11-05-08 03:21 AM
    Haven't seen anything and its unlikely that there really is anything. RIM is very security conscious due to Blackberry high penetration into the corporate market.
    11-05-08 03:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD