had troubles with the IM application today. tried to delete the program and reinstall. now everytime i try to log in of click the mobil im icon it gives me a message box "Uncought exception: 0 > = 0" what do i do next?!

i liked the im feature to this phone... it sux if i cant use it anymore.

maybe a phone reset?

Thanks in advance.
    08-29-07 03:01 AM
    What mobile IM, are you talking about? BlackBerry Pin Messenger? Yahoo / AIM / JiveTalk, etc, etc...
    08-29-07 04:37 AM
    hi navilyn! thanks for your reply. well, i have downloaded this mobile IM application from media net (cingular/att) been using the program for a good 2 weeks until it shut down on me. its an application from OZ i believe, it has yahoo/aim/msn instant messaging application...

if anything else, i just prolly reset the whole system. how do i do that?

also, does the bberry pin messanger can you other IM carriers?

man, i gotta learn more about this phones! im addicted too! i want an 8830

Thanks again sir!
    08-29-07 11:22 AM
    Please guys this thing is making me crazy. How do I restart the whole unit to its default seeting. Like a master reset.

Thanks in advance.
    Bomac
    08-29-07 12:26 PM
    To wipe your device you go to options/security options/general settings..tap on menu button/ wipe handheld this will restore device back to manufacturer settings, I'm not responsible for what you lose in this case, BUT if your issue is that mobile IM stopped working, just uninstall it via the desktop manager then redownload it from the medianet home page..open medianet/ got to email and messaging/select mobile IM and redownload, might be a little bit better then doing a device wipe, i'd try the uninstall first.
    08-29-07 11:08 PM
    thanks Bla1ze! well i did that uninstall and reinstall thing on the unit it self not on the desktop manager. so i ended up wiping the system! ****! i lost all my contacts too! what a noob move! but the mobil im is working again! im just working on my 300+ contacts!!!

im not really experienced with the whole desktop manager thing.. maybe i should start plaing with it now.

lesson learned! thanks for the help! crackberry is gangster!
    08-29-07 11:38 PM
    No problem sorry about your contacts list, maybe review your online account manager to see how many numbers you can pull off of a previous bill...and as a side note, definetly get used to using desktop manager, cause when you uninstalled mobile IM from the device WITHOUT using the desktop manager, you really didn't uninstall it, you just technically made the icon disappear, the program was still there, using the desktop manager would have prevented the loss of the contacts list by

a) creating a backup after unistalling the mobile IM.
    b) reducing the need the to do a device wipe in the first place.

but whatever, whats done is done now, hope you get your contacts back
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 08-29-07 at 11:48 PM.
    08-29-07 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD