I have an account with Citibank and would love to check my balance on my BB. They have a phone app but it's not available for the 8310. Anybody know how I can get around this?
    03-29-08 12:11 PM
    If you have a data plan, I would recommend installing Opera Mini and just going to their web site. Go to operamini.com from the BB browser to install it.
    03-29-08 12:26 PM
    Exactly what sunkast said , Opera Minis the best for this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-08 03:40 PM
    Maybe even the BB Browser will work better.

My BofA account works better and is easier to use in BB Browser than Opera
    03-29-08 04:21 PM
    But do Opera mini and BBbrowser offer like security? Like when you sign on through a PC it has the lil pad lock in the corner is that available on the mobile site?

03-29-08 08:09 PM
    Yes and No. It depends on your bank. When you connect through a Secure Application for the Bank, you're using their server which is encrypted and secure. When you are using a Wireless Phone, its just that...wireless. Granted, BlackBerries do have some encryption on the network, so its not TOTALLY easy to hack. However, it is much easier for someone to hack into a network and pick up a password then a physical computer.

Now, I work in Fraud Prevention...let me tell ya that in the few years, there has not been one case of a "security breach" because of Online Banking being accessed through a Handheld. You are safe doing this on your BB, safer on a wired computer.
    03-29-08 08:42 PM
    they're working on the citimobile for the 8300 series. But its not out yet I'm gonna try calling back monday to see if there's any progress but I shot an email to the company who's making it... With no response

03-29-08 11:37 PM
    I wonder if Chase has jumped on board...

/me heads over to chase.com
    03-29-08 11:42 PM
    im curious if commerce has a mobile site and what not because ive tried logging into their online banking from the bb browser and it says that my caps is on even though it isnt and on opera the page just loads blank... any one know if commerce has a mobile page?
    03-30-08 12:07 AM
    Chase has a text mobile service. For a big company, they are darn right slow with new products.

Edit: Maybe there are like Verizon/AT&T and will wait for all the little fishes to start it up first.
    03-30-08 01:20 AM
    Thank you SUNKAST for the link.
    03-30-08 05:23 AM
    Citi page does not work with opera mini or bb browser, at least for me. I guess ill wait for the app. Also they don't have t mobile but I'm guessing ill be able to use the att one on my unlocked 8310

03-30-08 07:57 AM
    There is a new solution, coming soon....
    Last edited by SebastianM; 05-05-08 at 03:43 PM.
    05-05-08 03:40 PM
    I work for a credit union and when we launched our mobile banking it wasn't compatible w/ all phones. It was however compatible w/ BBs and WinMo phones. But when we launched it I had an LG flip that wasn't compatible so I just checked thru opera mini. But if you can't use Opera mini either than that sux. Im suprised that as large of bank as Citi is that they don't have mobile banking. Everyone should be part of a credit union and not a bank so you're part owner and not giving ur money to a money grubbing bank. CU=not for profit!!
    05-05-08 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD