Does anyone know if the 8330 is capable of storing and reading pdf files?
    11-27-08 09:17 PM
    It can read them out of the box- but if you want a really good reader I recommend BeamReader- google it!
    11-27-08 09:46 PM
    You should be able to view PDF files attached to an email. There is no built-in ability to view PDF files that are stored locally on the memory card or internal memory.

The reason you can view attachments but not local files is that the built-in viewer depends on RIM's servers to process the PDF and send you a JPG image of each page. The PDF file is never actually sent to you BB, just the JPG images.

BeamReader is currently in (free) beta. RepliGo Reader has been released and costs $30. Both of these can view locally stored files, and if you have OS 4.5 or higher they can work with attachments too (by downloading them and storing them locally first). If you have OS 4.5 or higher you also have the option of updating to the "premium" version of Documents to Go (for $50-$70), which (at this time) includes their PDF to Go viewer. I imagine at some point that BeamReader will be released and that continued use will no longer be free.
    11-28-08 01:29 PM
    Another vote for BeemReader!
    11-28-08 01:33 PM
    I have all all 3. Docs to go PDF Reader, BeamReader, and RepligoReader. I used Repligo quite a bit until BeamReader became available. BeamReader is the only one that can read sheet music pdf documents. It also has a built in file explorer. This allows you to create and delete folders, move and delete files, and if you click on an office doc it will open Docs To Go if it's installed on your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 02:10 PM
    And....

11-28-08 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD