I am dense, dumb, or just missing something. I downloaded mobi pocket both to my berry and to my computer. I downloaded 3 books onto my computer. They show up great there. When I click to send them to my phone, I get various errors.

It pops up saying I may need to reboot, but leave the device connected, then it also pops up, at the same time Please install mobibook mobile to your device(already did, and updated) if it is installed, open it, I did, then it says if the reader is opened unplug usb and retry.
    So do I reset and leave it connected or unplug and retry.
    On my screen inside mobibook it says file so and so being transfered? and had been saying that for a while.
    12-27-08 09:08 PM
    No one gonna help me out?
    12-27-08 09:44 PM
    Now it is telling me that I don't have enough memory. But I do?
    12-27-08 09:47 PM
    Is it saving the books to device or media-card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 10:04 PM
    It says to the media card, which is where I want them, but then it says there is no memory. But I know there is, I even checked. I tried to download an ebook ota and it worked, but it is not on mobi and I can't find it. Is it worth it? I just want to read?!
    12-27-08 10:10 PM
    There are 2 ebooks on my sd card, in the my ebooks folder, mobi is not picking them up.
    12-27-08 10:26 PM
    How are you sending them to your phone?
    You can't email them to your phone. There are a few ways to get them correctly on your bb.
    You can download them through the mobipocket bookstore (if purchased through mobipocket) by opening the mobipocket application and clicking the menu button and selecting the bookstore option.
    I purchase through Fictionwise because they have a great rebate program. So, to download the mobipocket fomat secure titles that you have purchased from fictionwise, You can download them by opening the mobipocket application and clicking the menu button and selecting either the my account option. You will have to set up your fictionwise account login/ password info. Once you do, you can choose your account, and download directly to your phone's bookshelf. If you buy a book that is a 'multiformat' book, you can only download it to your computer and then copy to bb via desktop manager...see the next option.

The 3rd option and possibly the easiest, is to transfer the books using desktop manager, and the media option. I copy the books to my media card.

Hope this helps.
    12-28-08 12:40 AM
    Also, make sure that your PID number is registered correctly with Mobipocket / Fictionwise, because if it is incorrect your book won't open at all. The purchases are tied to your phone's PID number.
    A typo in the PID number on file with the bookstores, could be your problem if they are installed correctly.

This is not the PIN number of your phone, but the PID is a unique identifier of your device used by Mobipocket Reader.
    To locate it: The PID is displayed in the Tools menu -> About box of the Mobipocket Reader software on your device.
    Last edited by txladi29; 12-28-08 at 12:47 AM.
    12-28-08 12:42 AM
    I downloaded the books the last two ways, both. I first tried putting them on the computer mobi and then let is automatically transfer them, didn't work, then I put them on the memory card and as I have posted, mobi isn't picking them up. I downloaded some free ones from a site to see if it would work, manybooks.net, I believe.
    12-28-08 01:21 PM
    You may want to try reloading mobipocket too. (If all else fails)
    I have downloaded/ read about 50 books total. Love this app.

12-28-08 01:24 PM
    I want it to work soooo bad. I rarely have time to read anymore and this would make it so much easier to find the time. I deleted mobi from the phone, I will try to re-download, I haven't had any trouble with any other ap.
    12-28-08 01:41 PM
    I would keep on it. It's a really good app. And shop around for books-fictionwise has most of the mobipocket titles with money right back into your account for the next purchase.

12-28-08 01:44 PM
    Ok, so how long does it usually take to transfer a book. I got everything to work right except now it still says so and so file being transferred, on my bb. The pc program says it has been successfully transferred. I know it's a big file, but how long should it take?
    12-28-08 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD