Yesterday I received an MMS message from a friend that appeared to have been forwarded many times (not uncommon for this friend). When I opened it there was a progress bar flashing that read "deleting contacts". I was able to quickly delete the message and I have not noticed any missing contact records. In my research I have found one prominent reference to a program called commwarrior that apparently behaves like a worm in that it forwards itself (as an MMS message) to all of the contact numbers in a persons phone. My MMS outbox is still empty, thankfully, so it appears to have stopped with me. The reported behaviour of this commwarrior is consistent with what I observed with this MMS that I received.

Has any one heard of this (or something like it) before?

I will continue to research this any post any updates that I have.

Thanks!
    04-02-08 07:18 AM
    I have actually seen something like this as a joke to make you think it's happening. Haven't heard of an actual virus on BB's. (yet)
    04-02-08 07:27 AM
    haha i have seen the joke mms to i thought it was funny
    04-02-08 07:46 AM
    Yesterday I received an MMS message from a friend that appeared to have been forwarded many times (not uncommon for this friend). When I opened it there was a progress bar flashing that read "deleting contacts". I was able to quickly delete the message and I have not noticed any missing contact records. In my research I have found one prominent reference to a program called commwarrior that apparently behaves like a worm in that it forwards itself (as an MMS message) to all of the contact numbers in a persons phone. My MMS outbox is still empty, thankfully, so it appears to have stopped with me. The reported behaviour of this commwarrior is consistent with what I observed with this MMS that I received.

Has any one heard of this (or something like it) before?

I will continue to research this any post any updates that I have.

Thanks!

i have seen that as a joke also!
    quite funny!
    i also see that you have ATT meaning you have a sim card, copy all your contacts to your sim card so incase it realy did happen you would have that back up.
    or incase your bb messes up. believe me when i tell you.
    im so thankful for sim cards!!!
    04-02-08 08:35 AM
    hahaha.... my sister sent that to me as an april fools joke. i was ******** out so bad i almost cried. i turned off my phone, pulled the battery out for like a good 10 min. i as like "how can this have happened to my Berry!?!?" i turned it on again n continued reading the message and at the end it said this was an april fools joke, send it to all your friends to scare the #$%^^* of your friends just like i did to you. i was laughing but i was so pissed at my sister. little kids...
    04-02-08 09:10 AM
    LMAO! Thats funny. Does anyone still have this email?

Send it to me at fire_courage at hotmail dot com or pin it to me.
    04-02-08 09:32 AM
    If anyone still has it PM me and I'll give you my number so you can forward it to me. Thanks.
    04-02-08 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD