I went into a store and the rep told me that I should be able to MMS on my curve and called in and talked to BB support. They chatted it up for about 10mins then the dood told me to come back tomorrow or call in BB support and they should do some kind of provisioning to fix it...Im not sure if they are full of it but I guess it's worth a try eh?
    07-22-08 01:58 AM
    Hate to break it to you, but sprint does not support MMS. Unless they have changed it recently that has always been a problem with sprint
    07-22-08 02:13 AM
    I know that they didn't support it...that's what I was saying...I went in to talk to a rep about it and he told me that it should work now... and when he talked to BB support over the phone the tech said that it should and that it may need provisioning or somethin like that...is why I was askin ppl's opinion if the 2 just didn't know what they were talking about or if it's changed...guess i'll find out tomorrow eh...BTW, is there any carrier that dose support MMS on BB's?
    07-22-08 02:30 AM
    Well sorry the tech at the store don't have any clue because Sprint doesn't support it. Were you there to make a purchase? He was probably looking for a sale..
    07-22-08 08:24 AM
    Sprint has no MMS sorry...
    07-22-08 08:34 AM
    ... is there any carrier that dose support MMS on BB's?
    Verizon supports MMS on their Blackberries that have cameras.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 08:40 AM
    well technically there is no MMS, but you can do this:

find out the phone's "email address" of the person you want to send a pic too. for example, I think for verizon it is [email protected].

Once you have the email address for their phone, just send them an email with the pic attached and it should work.

Hint: to find out your phone's address, send a txt message to your email address.
    07-22-08 08:54 AM
    Here is a work around for Sprint currently supporting MMS its kinda a pain but if you save it a another entry for your contact then problem solved!
    Here is the list of address for MMS;

To send to a Sprint handset - [email protected]

Verizon handset [email protected]

Tmobile handset - [email protected]

AT&T handset -
    [email protected]

AllTel handset -
    [email protected]

US Cellular handset -
    [email protected]

Nextel -
    [email protected]

07-22-08 09:49 AM
    Thanks for the addresses.

07-22-08 10:30 PM
    I think everyone but sprint supports MMS on BB I'm sure they will change this soon or lose business.
    07-22-08 10:38 PM
    Another work around is to email the picture to yourself using your picture mail address. when you get the notification, follow the link to the webpage, then click forward from that page. You'll be able to forward it to a phone number without having to know what network they're on.
    07-22-08 10:44 PM
    I think everyone but sprint supports MMS on BB I'm sure they will change this soon or lose business.
    This has been a known issue since 2005 - don't hold your breath.

07-22-08 10:44 PM
    I have tried numerous times to send a picture to a verizon customer through their phones email address and it just doesnt work! I was successful with other carriers, just not with verizon!
    07-22-08 10:55 PM
    I have tried numerous times to send a picture to a verizon customer through their phones email address and it just doesnt work! I was successful with other carriers, just not with verizon!
    Did you attempt to send a pic to one vzw customer without success, or several?

07-22-08 10:58 PM
    I have actually tried to send them to two different vzw customers. Both of them could not get the picture I tried to send. I had to monkey around and send it to myself and all that fun!
    Last edited by PennStBoy8; 07-22-08 at 11:09 PM.
    07-22-08 11:05 PM
    I went into the store to buy a car charger and happened to bring it up....but yea the rep and the tech at BB support were full of it...=( just sux cuz I got all happy inside...the funny thing is I used to be on the Iden network with a 7520 and loved it. I swear on my life that I could MMS from that phone bu there was no camera...the only reason that I went to the curve was the donkey sales rep lied off his glutes and told me that I can MMS with the curve since there is a camera and what not. Then After the contract signing and phone act. I try and he says it must be cuz the port is not all the way done...figures...sorry for the stupid thread guyz...
    07-23-08 12:43 AM
    I have actually tried to send them to two different vzw customers. Both of them could not get the picture I tried to send. I had to monkey around and send it to myself and all that fun!
    I thought that verizon was the only one that required you to put a "1" in front of the phone number......
    04-12-09 07:24 PM
    im sure you have all already done this, but here is the link to the fix from sprint.
    04-12-09 07:34 PM
    Sbisme, this thread is almost a year old and before the MMS was available.

04-12-09 07:37 PM
    Wierd i have been using the MMS on my sprint bb 8330 all day today sending video and pictures to verizon phones etc without any problems
    04-12-09 10:01 PM
    is there a email address for metro pcs?
    04-12-09 11:13 PM
    Hello!
    I just got the curve 2wks ago, and I have Sprint. I have the Everything Data plan and I send MMS all the time. I actually love it because my old phone never allowed me to send pics directly to a contact. It sometimes takes an extra second or two to send, but still works..

Im not quite sure why your unable to send them.
    [/I]
    04-12-09 11:52 PM
    It might be the OS system on your phone. When I bought my Curve it was running 4.3 and didn't have MMS capabilities. When I updated it to Sprint's 4.5 OS I was able to use MMS with no problems.
    04-13-09 02:39 AM
    U can mms wit the new os. But wen u receive mms its the same problem. Just there is an option to mms others.

04-13-09 03:00 AM
    my sprint blackberry 8330 has mms option...my other moto q didnt tho i had to do the email thingy
    04-13-09 10:29 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD