when my blackberry curve 8330 receives an mms video, the file is shorter than the original. example; my friend and i received the same video from the same third party friend who sent it to us in the same forward, meaning that it should have been the same file, but my friend's received video was a full six seconds longer than the one i received, or at least could play, why would this be? my phone is a bb and my friend's isn't, neither is the third party, is this because of my bb or my carrier? could someone please help me or tell me if this is a setting i can change, this becomes very irritating. thank you.
    05-19-09 02:20 AM
    when my blackberry curve 8330 receives an mms video, the file is shorter than the original. example; my friend and i received the same video from the same third party friend who sent it to us in the same forward, meaning that it should have been the same file, but my friend's received video was a full six seconds longer than the one i received, or at least could play, why would this be? my phone is a bb and my friend's isn't, neither is the third party, is this because of my bb or my carrier? could someone please help me or tell me if this is a setting i can change, this becomes very irritating. thank you.
    This is because there is a file size limit to what you can send & receive through MMS.

From your BB it is about 40 seconds if your recording a video in MMS mode.

If you're receiving a video via MMS it is about the same.

I believe the length of a received video is going to depend on the quality of the video.

But I could be wrong.
    05-19-09 03:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD