I just switched from a Pearl to a Curve 8320 because of the blank MMS issues that has been a plague for Pearl users. Today was my first full day with my beautiful new curve and I couldn't wait to have a trouble free day. Guess I'll keep waiting because I'm still getting MMS messages that just have a white screen where the picture message should be. I was told that this was strictly a pearl issue, has anyone else experienced this problem with the curve? If I just laid down $400 for a new phone that has the exact same problems as my old one I'm going to be very cranky.
    04-17-08 07:42 PM
    Hmmm.... can't say that I can. I don't use MMS. I usually just have them e-mail me.
    04-17-08 08:02 PM
    It looks like you are with T-mobile, so I would like to ask if you have tried contacting customer service to enable the "Blackberry Feature Enabler" feature yet on your account? According to other posts and the customer service reps, this feature enables your blackberry to receive picture messages and should help with your MMS issues. It is free to activate, and all you need to do is call 611 from your phone and speak with blackberry tech support or customer service. I believe that I spoke with a plain CSR when activitating the feature on both of my curves. Hope this helps
    04-17-08 11:14 PM
    hmmmm im gonna have to call them to because only about 50% of my mms messages come through with no problems
    04-17-08 11:17 PM
    This may not be the exact fix to your problem Flair but it is worth a shot. I know by looking at some of the other posts, there are other issues involving texts at this time as well. Some of these issues involve picture messages not being replaced by an error message stating that the size was too large. Some of the answers to this was that MMS has its known issues at this time and that 4.5 is supposed to address most of these. We can only hope though. If you dont have the feature enabler on your account though I would call them up and activate it though. It couldnt really hurt anything and its free to add to blackberry accounts on T-Mobile.
    04-17-08 11:31 PM
    Yeah I use to get that a lot with my curve, I'll I had to do was retrieve now, which is still annoying. Now that I just installed the new OS 4.2.2.184 that problem is solved. Pictures appear automatically. Hope this helps.
    04-18-08 01:21 AM
    i use mms all the time and have never had such an issue.
    04-18-08 02:03 AM
    can anybody tell me how 2 delete brickbreaker from my phone? i have a pearl 8100
    04-18-08 02:04 AM
    I think its a TM issue..i just read a different thread where someone suggested try sending a few MMS from your phone to someone and see if that straightens it out...might try a battery pull too
    06-16-08 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD