Has anyone received an error message when receiving an MMS message with an attachment that states?

"One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaption. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your terminal".

If so please tell me what this means and how do I rectify this? I really want to use the blackberry but this MMS issue is pushing me back to a Windows Mobile phone which has no problem with sending and receiving slide shows or videos as MMS messages.

Any help is appreciated.
    11-14-07 10:46 AM
    I got that a couple weeks ago. But I think it's because a friend of mine was trying to send an "unsuitable" pic as a joke.
    11-14-07 09:56 PM
    Bump... Anybody know of this issue? I get it from time to time and i want to know WHY!!!!
    06-10-08 09:49 AM
    That is crazy! Is it an issue with the type of file / corrupt file??

Or does the service provider actually monitor pics and video and not allow sending of 'inappropriate' material.... you would think that would be violation of privacy, so I am thinking it can't be that!
    06-10-08 11:18 AM
    Yeah it can't be that, i recieve inappropriate stuff all the time from a couple of my buddies... But another friend of mine who has a BB Pearl can recieve the MMS messages with no problems. I just get this error message sometimes. I recieve MOST MMS messages, but i just get this error sometimes... so like you said, maybe the file is corrupt or something, but it still doesn't make sense that my buddy with the Pearl can recieve/view them with no problems.

Go Buckeyes btw!
    06-10-08 12:25 PM
    Yeah it can't be that, i recieve inappropriate stuff all the time from a couple of my buddies... But another friend of mine who has a BB Pearl can recieve the MMS messages with no problems. I just get this error message sometimes. I recieve MOST MMS messages, but i just get this error sometimes... so like you said, maybe the file is corrupt or something, but it still doesn't make sense that my buddy with the Pearl can recieve/view them with no problems.

Go Buckeyes btw!
    That is crazy man, esp since your buddy with a Pearl can handle the file. Do you both have the same service provider?? That could be a main difference.

And, GO BUCKS!
    06-10-08 01:33 PM
    That is crazy man, esp since your buddy with a Pearl can handle the file. Do you both have the same service provider?? That could be a main difference.

And, GO BUCKS!
    I think he has Verizon. But i was wrong... he said when he opened the file, his Pearl crashed. So maybe the file was corrupted... oh well, i'll further my research into this problem when i get home from work. This is only the 2nd time this has happened.
    06-10-08 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD