Is there a way to download a season schedule for a MLB team? Or would you just have to go into calendar and enter it all in manually?

any other tips on MLB stuff?
    03-18-09 08:39 AM
    Viigo
    03-18-09 08:50 AM
    There's this as well MLB.com for BlackBerry
    03-18-09 08:52 AM
    I have the Phillies shortcut from MLB.com. First item is schedule and results.
    03-18-09 09:17 AM
    I have my team schedule on my phone. I downloaded it from MLB.com and then when I saved it as a CSV file I just used GoogleSync to import the csv to mu BB calendar. It would work fine with outlook though I have never sync'd with outlook. Give it a shot
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-18-09 at 09:33 AM.
    03-18-09 09:26 AM
    I have my team schedule on my phone. I downloaded it from MLB.com and then when I saved it as a CSV file I just used GoogleSync to import the csv to mu BB calendar. It would work fine with outlook though I have never sync'd with outlook. Give it a shot
    Could you explain in more detail how you did that? I went into mlb.com and pulled up my team's schedule in a calendar format, but I don't understand how to save it as a .csv file (not an option) and them import it into my outlook calendar.
    03-18-09 10:34 AM
    I did what Tremortality did. Worked like a charm. Only thing is to remove the underscore in the title fields of the CSV file you download. Otherwise, Google calender won't recognize the calender.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 10:35 AM
    PD is correct, you will need to tweak it for Google but if you are using outlook, you should not need to.

When you go to your team schedule, regular season then click downloadable schedule

Here is the link to my team

Downloadable Schedule | dodgers.com: Schedule

You will see mid page

Download the CSV File

Dodgers 2009 CSV Schedules
    Download Full Season Schedule
    Download Home Game Schedule
    Download Regular Season Schedule
    Jump to Outlook 2003 Instructions �
    Outlook 2007 Instructions �

Your sitting pretty from there - if you need more help post back. Its awesome on the phone. Also suggest signing up for that and ESPN alerts (free) if you have not already
    03-18-09 10:45 AM
    It is a beautiful thing! It worked great. Thank you both for the assist.
    03-18-09 12:25 PM
    It is a beautiful thing! It worked great. Thank you both for the assist.
    Glad you got it sorted - yes it is, I love it.....
    03-18-09 12:37 PM
    I'm sad Google took away the public calendars. Last year I was able to find a Mets schedule in the public calendars and add it to my Google Calendar. Then just synced and that was that.
    03-18-09 12:48 PM
    I got it working with google about a week ago< took awhile but now have team schedules and US holidays synced with my berry.
    03-18-09 12:55 PM
    Got it working after a few tries. Works great! Now I don't have to carry a cubs season schedule in my wallet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 10:25 PM
    YES!!! HRTide... Thanks soooo much for asking this. Tremortality... Thanks for hitting us up with the idea to download it. I got it on the 1st try with Outlook 2003. It's great that it includes the radio station & TV channel for each game.

Another great CB find for me.
    03-19-09 12:12 AM
    Aye no problem

I had something similar on my other phone so it was a must to add to my BB when I got it. Since then I have helped add it to many friends berries, many have issues with GS csv import but its simple enough to get around. Getting closer to the MLB season - stoked...
    03-19-09 01:05 AM
    I was able to find the BoSox schedule in Google calendars, you just have to search for the iCal URL first. Then just use Google sync as others have said.

My search string was "2009 red sox schedule ical" but the provided calendar I used was from NESN (Sox owned channel). I'm not sure if they're provided for other teams through MLB.com or ESPN.com or whatever channel they broadcast games on...

EDIT: Although now that I look at the calendar, it's kinda flukey as to what's shown. There are only a handful of games in April that show up--that ain't right!
    Last edited by renzi555; 03-19-09 at 09:26 AM.
    03-19-09 09:23 AM
    For specific teams, the MLB site of the team has a blackberry icon you can download.

For example...

STLCardinals.com is the St. Louis Cardinals Site and the link to it is on my main app page and it has the STL logo too.

Very nice!
    03-19-09 09:37 AM
    mysportcal.com is awesome!! I'm sure it was mentioned here already.
    03-19-09 06:44 PM
    For specific teams, the MLB site of the team has a blackberry icon you can download.

For example...

STLCardinals.com is the St. Louis Cardinals Site and the link to it is on my main app page and it has the STL logo too.

Very nice!

Yeah Grassroots I got the red STL logo on my BB now too. Also got the entire schedule loaded onto my 2003 outlook which syncs to the BB also.
    03-19-09 08:30 PM
    I am looking for this as well as a MLS Sounders schedule in my calendar. I don't use outlook at all though... So any way I can do this? There are no apps for this type of thing?
    03-19-09 10:55 PM
    I am looking for this as well as a MLS Sounders schedule in my calendar. I don't use outlook at all though... So any way I can do this? There are no apps for this type of thing?
    Go here and get the MLS calendar you want
    MySportsCal.com - Download MLS Schedules
    then if you do not use Outlook head over to Google and look up Google Sync. You can import this calendar (.csv) into google calendar and then to your phone once you have everything all set up with Google Sync. The csv might need to be tweaked but you will know when you try the import.
    03-19-09 10:58 PM
    Go here and get the MLS calendar you want
    Download MLS Schedules[/url]
    then if you do not use Outlook head over to Google and look up Google Sync. You can import this calendar (.csv) into google calendar and then to your phone once you have everything all set up with Google Sync. The csv might need to be tweaked but you will know when you try the import.
    Ok I downloaded google sync on my BB. But the info has to be in my google calendar. That is what I cant figure out. How to get the cvs files onto my google calendar on normal online to then transfer to my BB.
    03-19-09 11:16 PM
    Ok i figured out how to get it to my online google calinder. Those cvs files don't show game time just day? They are all listed as all day events.

Anyways I got the M's and Sounders schedules on my phone. Wish there was times but not that big of a deal. Thanks
    Last edited by rodeochihuahua; 03-19-09 at 11:28 PM.
    03-19-09 11:20 PM
    Might be the site that created the csv file. I use only MLB calendar information from MLB.com and it showed the game time. You can open it up in notepad to see if the actual game time is listed if not try a different site that has the calendars that can be downloaded as a csv file.
    03-19-09 11:28 PM
    Yes they have all team sites then when you get to the team site you want go to schedules>downloadable schedules and all the info you need is there...

Google might fuss when adding it but removing the Underscores in notepad will stop it from fussing at you xxx_xxxx_ etc
    03-19-09 11:44 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD