I had a pretty good look around and did not see any posts like this, so here goes.

My BB seems to go silent at random times. I know it affects the message tones, alarm tone, etc. I do not know if it affects the ringtone. This morning it was the alarm when I overslept and this afternoon, after a battery re-boot, it was the text message tone. Battery re-boot sorts it out but it is a bit annoying. Anyone have a solution to this.
    02-11-10 05:51 PM
    I had a pretty good look around and did not see any posts like this, so here goes.

My BB seems to go silent at random times. I know it affects the message tones, alarm tone, etc. I do not know if it affects the ringtone. This morning it was the alarm when I overslept and this afternoon, after a battery re-boot, it was the text message tone. Battery re-boot sorts it out but it is a bit annoying. Anyone have a solution to this.
    It's an OS issue & a major PAIN! I too have overslept as a result. I've had this issue with .169 & .175 OS. There was one post that was supposedly a fix by replacing the media and profile files with the files from the .131 version using BBSAK. I did this, and it worked for about a week and then the problem resurfaced. I hope someone finds a permanent fix to this problem because it is a major issue. I enjoy .175 except for this issue. I hope someone can help.
    02-11-10 06:59 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/fix...-169-a-380296/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 08:07 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/fix...-169-a-380296/

That's the fix I used. Problem came back. I'm running .175 & 5.0BBM. Someone fix this PLEASE!
    02-11-10 08:23 PM
    That "someone" should be RIM, they've had over 2 years to get the OS right. But they keep failing.

02-11-10 09:14 PM
    Yes, the occaisional loss of ringers has been a royal PITA at the wrong times and places. Running .175, but the one issue has been better than some of the previous ones I've had with other OSes.

02-11-10 09:26 PM
    tried changing the format to your songs and such to .m4a
    02-12-10 07:57 AM
    That "someone" should be RIM, they've had over 2 years to get the OS right. But they keep failing.

Agreed. That and chirp are inexcusable errors on the part of RIM.

Also, Big Red is notorious for holding out on OS upgrades. You'd think with all the extra time they have to test the OSs on their network they would recognize these issues before they push the OS and push RIM to perform better as well.
    02-14-10 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD