I bought my 8300 from Att the other day and have found that the spell check program is missing from my software line up. Anyone else have this problem?
    06-03-07 12:06 AM
    Hi Richard Fero,

Welcome to the world of CrackBerry.com.

I don't know if I can help you because I do not yet have a BB 8300. Anyway, I don't think Spellcheck is a separate program - I believe it's part of the BB operating system and isn't activated until you have typed an e-mail, at which time, you can push the track ball and have it check your spelling.

I hope this helps, and that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Best,
    CarBob
    06-03-07 12:47 AM
    RichardFero, create a new email, and type some text in the body of the email. Now, press 'menu', and at the top of the menu, you should see, 'spell check', no?
    06-03-07 06:44 AM
    Thanks for the advice but my 8300 actually is missing the spell checker and there is no option to use a spell check any where on it.

I went back to the store and the sales staff checked their 8300's that they are using and found if you look under settings and options the spell check program is listed with the options on theirs. It appears mine was shipped without it installed.
    Looks like it will be going back for a replacment when they get more in stock. But it's interesting to me because we were wondering if this is a software issue where some may have been left off due to maybe a different version disk being used at the factory.
    06-03-07 08:35 AM
    Just do a backup, and reload the O.S. from the CD you got with the device...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-07 11:14 AM
    Navilyn,

Already tried it the program is missing from the CD.

Richard
    06-04-07 11:22 PM
    Look at the Sticky at the top of the 8300 forum for the AT&T Curve OS.
    Last edited by kasperapd; 06-04-07 at 11:47 PM.
    06-04-07 11:38 PM
    After an hour on the phone with AT&T they finally passed me on to RIM tech support and they solved it in about 1 minute. In my case my device input language (settings > options > language > input language) was set to "Catala"! Because the Curve only ships with an English dictionary selecting any other language disables the spell checker. Make sure your input language is set to English.
    08-09-07 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD