My curve shows the one missed call icon at the top of the screen but it wont go away. I've tried the battery pull, switching themes, taking the sim out but nothing works. It's really frustrating, any suggestions??
    06-08-08 02:04 PM
    Try calling your BB, leaving a voice mail,from the call log, open the event to call vm, delete any messages in there and close out, then delete the call log.
    06-08-08 02:21 PM
    One question, are your calls forwarded?

I have mine forwarded and it shows a little phone icon that looks almost like a missed call icon. Just thought maybe it could be something so simple...

Welcome to Crackberry

msblueline

My curve shows the one missed call icon at the top of the screen but it wont go away. I've tried the battery pull, switching themes, taking the sim out but nothing works. It's really frustrating, any suggestions??
    06-08-08 02:38 PM
    Try going into your 'Messages' program... click the menu button and then select 'View Folder'. From there select 'Phone Call Log'. Look for any items that haven't been opened... or if you don't feel it necessary to keep your log, select the first event at the top of your screen, hit the menu button and select 'Delete Prior'. This should clear the missed call!

Edit: You can also use 'Mark Prior Opened' if you wish to keep your call log!
    06-08-08 02:49 PM
    nope this thing just won't go away! i've tried the voice mail thing and the missed call icon is there but under the phone call logs it says that it's empty. i deleted every call log in there.

it all started as a glitch because i received a missed call and voice mail as my battery died on me. i didnt even receive a name to the miss call in the first place.

oh and no, my calls arent forwarded.

thank u guys so much for the help though, i really appreciate it
    06-08-08 04:13 PM
    nope this thing just won't go away! i've tried the voice mail thing and the missed call icon is there but under the phone call logs it says that it's empty. i deleted every call log in there.

it all started as a glitch because i received a missed call and voice mail as my battery died on me. i didnt even receive a name to the miss call in the first place.

oh and no, my calls arent forwarded.

thank u guys so much for the help though, i really appreciate it
    Do you have a seperate call log or do they show up in your messages and call log. Look in your messages and see if you have a little yellow phone icon (missed call), maybe it is hidden down a few days or something.

Also,

Are you using the Theme from your carrier. I remember I had an icon show up that looked like it was a voicemail (Vodafone theme).

I called AT&T because the icon would not go away. While on the phone with AT&T I went back to the regular AT&T theme, it was a Blackberry Messenger icon. Vodafone icons look different from ours.

Maybe it looks like a missed call, and is really something else.

msblueline
    06-08-08 04:27 PM
    yup this thing shows up on all themes lol bb, tmo, and 3rd party.

what's weird is that the call log icon also has an asterisk saying there is a missed call, but when i open it theres nothing. i havent moved anything or created any separate folders. and i deleted every call log in there

my bb was great before, except for the dirty trackball. now all i see when i look at my phone is that damn missed call icon lol

oy ve.. is there any way i can reset everything? or like a factory restore?

barongboi
    06-08-08 04:42 PM
    Go to Settings -> Security Options -> General Settings -> Menu button -> Wipe Handheld.

If that don't do it, nothing will.

Good luck!

msblueline
    06-08-08 05:00 PM
    But you should back it up beforehand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 05:06 PM
    goto your call log, erase all the calls in the log, it should go away
    06-08-08 05:25 PM
    my missed calls shows up as a call log notification and also under messages. I open both to get rid of it.
    06-08-08 05:35 PM
    ITS GONE!!!!! thaaaaannk you system wipe!!

Thaaaaaank you to everyone who has helped me out through this ordeal LOL

you guys are awesome, thanks again!!

giggity giggity
    06-08-08 10:28 PM
    That's why I love this place...

That's why we are ALL here!

Tons of knowledge at your finger tips

msblueline
    06-08-08 10:37 PM
    Hey all! I tried everything to clear the missed call icon and have come to the conclusion that the quickest and easiest way to clear this problem is to back up your black berry using desktop manager, wipe the black berry (except for third party applications), then restore from the back up. You loose no information, but may have to reenter the activation code for some third party applications, but from what I can tell doing this will not cause any problems with themes, ring tones, or wall papers. It takes a about 30 minutes to complete, but once it’s done your back to normal and ready to go.
    06-17-08 07:31 AM
    But you should back it up beforehand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

If it is backed up.....does it also back up the symbol/icon problem too? I guess still better than losing it all.

****after reading results........GUESS NOT! Happy for ya.
    06-17-08 08:03 AM
    richinnc:

If you do the backup, wipe, restore method, the missed call icon does indeed go away...at least it did for me....for a couple weeks.

Then it reappeared!

It took me about 4 hours to completely restore my BB with the 3rd party apps and configuring with my corporate BES, so I'm not about to do it again.

My hunch is that it is still a bug with the BB OS, or a compatibility issue with a 3rd party app. I have many installed, including BBSmart and BES MailBox....so maybe one of them is the culprit...I'm not sure.

The fact that it took a couple of weeks for the problem to resurface pretty much wipes that theory out, but ya never know.
    07-02-08 04:37 PM
    Perhaps this has nothing to do with it but I never had this problem until I started using the standby (mute) button at the top. The day I started using it, I missed a call (I know my sister-in-law called because the voicemail showed up but there was not a missed call on the call log) and the missed call icon showed up without any way to remove it. It has been there more than 2.5 weeks now. I was just wondering how many other users have had this problem crop up that use the mute button for standby. Possibly just a red herring.
    07-02-08 06:34 PM
    thank you all for the info on the call forwarding. I had my calls being forward some where and don know how I might of turned it on.. thanks again.. love this place..
    07-02-08 08:55 PM
    I am so glad I found this site. For the last 4 weeks I've had the mysterious missed call icon. Done all the normal stuff and couldn't get rid of it... tonight I'm backing up and will wipe it.
    09-04-08 12:41 PM
    Hey guys,

wiped the device and the missed call icon went away as well as a problem i was having with my caller ID not recognizing numbers from my phone book.

I definately recommend BACKING UP your phone with the DM then wiping it and restoring using the DM.

Thanks to the community for their collaborative input
    12-25-08 06:16 PM
    thanks for all the tips i ended up calling my phone again and again. going into messages hitting alt p and deleting prior finally worked after exhausting all other options on tour. much appreciated.
    08-02-09 11:46 PM
    I had the same thing on my 8820. I tried everything, checked my folders, soft reset, I even call the company and no one seemed to know how to get rid of the yellow missed call phone. Then I thought, how about if I call my self and miss a call then clear it as usual. It worked. I just sent my self a call and did not answer. After missing the call, I just cleared all my missed calls and the icon went away.
    12-29-09 05:51 PM
    Try calling your BB, leaving a voice mail,from the call log, open the event to call vm, delete any messages in there and close out, then delete the call log.
    I just wanted to throw my two cents in and say that calling my phone and "missing" the call cleared my stubborn missed call notifications. As soon as the new missed call showed up, the old ones disappeared. Thankfully I didn't have to do a wipe to fix this!
    10-07-10 10:12 AM
    Try hitting the green call button so it takes you to your call history, and then back out. You may just need to acknowledge it so your phone knows you know.
    09-23-13 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD