Ok, first of all I have tried the search feature here and haven't found an answer.

I have a Curve 8320 on T-Mobile service and two days ago this problem started.

I picked up my phone and saw that I had a missed call indicator on the home screen (the little phone with a X1 by it). I checked the CALL LOG icon (opened it) and there was no number there.

I tried having somebody else call me to see if that would help clear it and that didn't. I didn't answer the call and it incremented the missed call indicator by (so it read 2). I checked the CALL LOG again and the number that JUST called was there. When I exited out, it went back to one.

I've tried soft resets and battery pulls and nothing seems to help.

T-Mobile Customer Service suggests a master reset but I'm afraid that I'll lose pictures, ringtones, settings, etc.

Any other ideas?

Thanks all.
    04-07-09 10:35 PM
    check your message folder.. it might be there.. if it is go to your call log, hit menu>options>call logging and check the box for none and it wont happen again
    04-07-09 10:48 PM
    Already checked that - no dice. I've always had the call logging OFF so those don't show up in my messages folder.

As a safeguard, I tried witching it and calling again, then switching back. Issue remains.
    04-07-09 10:51 PM
    hmm. have you tried switching the theme?
    04-07-09 10:53 PM
    do a backup on your desktop manager and then do the master reset, then do the restore. that'll restore all the data back to your phone.
    04-07-09 10:55 PM
    do a backup on your desktop manager and then do the master reset, then do the restore. that'll restore all the data back to your phone.
    yeah, thats a good idea.. do a backup on your dm. then go to options>security>general>menu>wipe handheld. then re-plug your bb into the dm and restore it.
    04-07-09 10:59 PM
    That's how I have people do MR's when they don't have outlook/outlook express set up with a mail account on their computer.
    04-07-09 11:00 PM
    Cool, I tried switching the theme already but I hadn't thought about doing a backup and then wipe and restore.

I'll see if that works.
    Thanks.
    04-07-09 11:09 PM
    keep us posted
    04-07-09 11:10 PM
    Hey bud, I got the answer!

Don't listen to any fools here telling you to wipe your phone to fix this because it's far from necessary and only to be used as a last resort! That's typically reserved for those who have no clue how to really fix the problem, and that especially goes for carrier tech support as well. Just like a google search you must carefully choose what to read and believe. The folks at RIM don't pull batteries or wipe phones often at all!

New Curve 8330 user here and I got educated on this thing fast. I've probably got 100+ hrs into just figuring out how to get around issues just like this one which happened to me already. Why it happens I don't know, glitch maybe.

Happened twice and hasn't happened for awhile now, so the previous poster might be onto something with themes. I was initially downloading everything I could find. Note that themes using "transparancy" where they have translucent pull downs I have found to be incompatibe with my curve.

Enough babble, you want the fix. OK-here it is.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

You're message indicator on Today theme or other place shows you have unread message(s) but all of your messages from the log view show they've been read? Which message can it be, I can't find it. Right?

Take your last 10 messages (or all + 1 more day to be safe) since you noticed the "stuck" message indicator count and go to bb button(berries)_mark unopened. One by one for each in your target list. Then do the same but this time mark them all opened.

Viola, message indicator gets reset for all the edited messages. One of them will be the "rouge stuck message" and your indicator will now go back to 0 or no indication that you have any unread messages. Hope this helps! I didn't read this here or anywhere else, I just used some common sense manipulation to fix it and it worked.

When all else fails, ALT+RT SHFT+DEL = battery pull so save some time and the case this way or get Quickpull or Softreset. If that fails, read some then post like you did and someone will usually help you out.

------------------------
    My favorite apps are
    -------------------------
    Bblight
    Bbfilescout
    Buzzme
    Memory Up Personal or Pro$ better
    Google maps
    Opera mini
    Bolt
    Flipside
    Miutunes
    Xplayer
    Autolock
    Roblock

-------------------
    Better performance:
    ------------------
    Memory Up rocks! Get it. Run it often.
    Disable firewall
    Disable java
    Disable wifi
    Prompt for javascript
    Filefree at least 10Mb
    Surf EV1X not 1X
    -------------------
    Cheers. Hope this helps you or someone out there looking for this fix. I've found so many people and posts on this forum extremely helpful and I figured why not reciprocate. Keep reading and posting. "John Clark" has some very useful posts here. Check them out.

Obviosly I'm bored because I just typed a novel on these dinky little keys. Amazing device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by elfaure; 04-08-09 at 12:38 AM.
    04-08-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD