ok so i had a missed call that i didnt check before i restored my phone to a previous date and now i have a missed call icon at the top of the screen that ill not go away....

ive tried battery pull...
    restoring to previous date....

When i do the battery pull the red star appears on my phone icon so i check my call logs and that star will disappear but the yellow icon that show (1x phone symbol) wont go away....how do i get this to disappear since my logs arent showing any missed calls?? any help??
    05-29-08 05:51 PM
    OK

so i did research and apparently all that can be done is to wipe the handheld

my question is
    if i do a backup then wipe the handheld
    do i have to reinstall the OS from somhere or can i just use my DM to Restore it to how it was?
    05-29-08 06:34 PM
    I just came across something.

Try hitting the green call button and then the backspace key (to the right of trackball)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 06:37 PM
    i really appreciate you helping me!

but that did nothing....
    05-29-08 06:39 PM
    i knew who the missed call was from...found him further down in my call log and hit the delete button which brought up a delete all logs for this entry and it disappeared....but now its back wth...
    05-29-08 06:42 PM
    you can try purposely getting a missed call (calling yourself) getting two and go to the missed call log to try and get rid of it.

See if that helps?
    05-29-08 06:43 PM
    you can try purposely getting a missed call (calling yourself) getting two and go to the missed call log to try and get rid of it.

See if that helps?

yup done that then ill go and check it and it drops it back down to 1 but this remains there...
    i have also tried a battery pull
    and restoring it to a previous date
    and setting all of my call logs to clear using the DM
    05-29-08 06:45 PM
    Anyway if you do a handheld wipe it should only delete all your personal data which you can restore from a back up.

3rd party applications may be lost but in the FAQ section there is a how to on how to back up these.

Hopefully you won't need to do this & can get rid of the icon with an easier method.

05-29-08 06:49 PM
    ok whatre 3rd party apps??
    anything that didnt come with the phone?
    Last edited by jamiegroh; 05-29-08 at 07:02 PM.
    05-29-08 06:50 PM
    Ignore me if this is something you would have obviously addressed, but if you use 'separate' message boxes for email and sms, would there be an opportunity just to check the main message icon? It may be that the missed calls go to this box and it has not been 'checked'?? Unlikely, but just a thought.

05-29-08 07:12 PM
    i dont feel like wiping the handheld
    i dont want to risk that cus i dont know what to do with that lol

i think im just going to take it back to my dealer and tell him this new handset that i traded my old for is giving me more problems than my original and see if i can trade it in for another
    05-29-08 07:22 PM
    Wiping handheld won't be that big of a deal......

but see what they do at the dealer.....
    05-29-08 07:26 PM
    i mean i guess i can wipe it and if its still making me mad

i can take it to my dealer...
    i want to avoid taking it to him but if i take it to him now with a problem and say its been there since i got this new unit they cant say it was my fault and cant say i voided my warranty....(which i did cus i had to get some dust out of the screen...all i did was unscrew it and take the front plate off but apparently they dont like this)

so i dunno
    05-29-08 07:30 PM
    I'm having the same problem with the missed call log. It just started after I did a warranty swap out.
    05-29-08 07:38 PM
    its so gay....apparently the ONLY thing that will fix it is wiping it....

i want to try this but i dont know if i should
    05-29-08 07:41 PM
    I think I have this issue figured out (but not fixed). Well, it's a theory: Somehow, a message gets corrupted. The problem will continue to return until that message expires off the Blackberry. So, if you keep your message retention set for two weeks, the problem should go away after that time. My problem went away by itself after the two weeks.
    05-29-08 09:02 PM
    meh i just backed it up
    wiped it
    restored it

its all fine again

thank you though!!!
    05-29-08 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD