got a question. i just bought a 8320 full housing and it came with a midplate. how would i transfer everything over to the new midplate such as the camera, antenna etc.? otherwise ill just leave it as is and just change the faceplate and side rails.
    01-26-09 10:45 PM
    I heard you need to be careful with the side rails too, tabs tend to break easily.

I think leaving the midplate is a good idea too. At least you have it in case you need it later (doubtful) as it's kind of protected between the front and back housing.
    01-27-09 12:58 AM
    be carefull !

you need a torx screw driver.

you must unscrew every thing and take it apart.

google how to replace 8300 housing :]
    01-27-09 10:57 AM
    i already know how to take this all apart because i ve done it numerous times. i jsut never transfered contents from the old misplate to the new one. the main board obviously that needs to come before you do anything else but the things such as the antenna, camera, microphone thats the things i wanted to ask bout if anyone has done it before
    01-28-09 12:35 PM
    The antenna is attached to the midplate. The new midplate should have come with the antenna already on it. (its the kinda gold thing stuck to the bottom.) The microphone should have came with the new midplate also. If not its pretty easy to take off and put on. It's the piece at the bottom thats rubber and travels up about an inch or less and has a silver round piece connected to it. The camera is attached to the main board so no need to worry about it.

If the midplate didn't come with the antenna and loud speaker already installed I wouldn't even attempt it. I bought a housing that had the midplate but the midplate already had all that stuff on it. For me, it was as simple as unscrewing everything and just transferring the main board over.
    01-28-09 01:01 PM
    ya see thats the problem. the misplate is bare and i just wanted to see if anybody has done cuz its a little worn but but if i can do it no biggie. im just wondering if the antenna is stuck on with an adhesive
    01-28-09 10:59 PM
    ya see thats the problem. the misplate is bare and i just wanted to see if anybody has done cuz its a little worn but but if i can do it no biggie. im just wondering if the antenna is stuck on with an adhesive

Yes, I believe it is and it looks like it could be easily messed up if removed.

I wouldn't chance it.
    01-28-09 11:11 PM
    like the other stuff i dont mind but its the antennna that gets me. cuz i got a bare one and just looking at it. cuz i got a 8320 sapphire housing and i wanted the wifi badgine on it too but if its not worth breaking the phone im not gonna do it.
    01-28-09 11:13 PM
    Hey Phuynh, I just recently "attempted" exactly what you are talking about. My midplate for my 8320 was damaged on the top so I decided to replace it. Just as you described, the replacement midplate was bare. I managed to transfer every component except for the wifi stickie. I ripped it in half!!! I have now spent over a week looking for a wifi antenna replacement with no luck. Anyone, HELP!!!
    01-29-09 09:31 AM
    cellular nationwide is selling the antenna with a new midplate for 14.99 check it out Cellular Accessories - NEC, Alcatel, BlackBerry, Apple, Sony, BenQ-Siemens, Microsoft, Mobiado, Acer, H but the wifi stickie im guessing that is all suck on with adhesive and you have to be very careful?
    Last edited by phuynh; 01-30-09 at 03:46 PM.
    01-30-09 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried cnn.cn but they are currently sold out of that midplate with the gsm and wifi antenna. The search continues... Anyways, yeah the wifi stickie is really stuck on the midplate. Its definitely possible to remove it but its also very probable that it can tear.
    01-30-09 06:37 PM
    im pretty sure if you email the owner he will give you a definite answer when **** get some. they've been pretty good to me when i enquire and purchase stuff. unfortunate for your phone though. so im guessing if i had the patience to sit down and remove the ribbon slowly and carefully it could be transferred? just from your experience im scared to do it but if thats the case ill just swap the side rails and faceplate set. they should have a video tutorial on how to do that. some people like us would like to know also.
    01-30-09 10:26 PM
    The antenna is attached to the midplate. The new midplate should have come with the antenna already on it. (its the kinda gold thing stuck to the bottom.) The microphone should have came with the new midplate also. If not its pretty easy to take off and put on. It's the piece at the bottom thats rubber and travels up about an inch or less and has a silver round piece connected to it. The camera is attached to the main board so no need to worry about it.

If the midplate didn't come with the antenna and loud speaker already installed I wouldn't even attempt it. I bought a housing that had the midplate but the midplate already had all that stuff on it. For me, it was as simple as unscrewing everything and just transferring the main board over.

Betty,
    Where did you find a fully loaded midplate? I am in need of the charging contacts on either side of the battery latch.
    03-06-09 10:00 AM
    Giving this a bump, I need an 8330 fully loaded midplate. cnn.cn, amazon, bbenriched don't have any. Any suggestions for a reliable source appreciated.
    03-29-09 02:08 PM
    I got mine at GSM4WORLD.com. It is perfect with one exception. The top strip where the mute button is, is not rubberized like the side rails. It is a matte black finish but just not rubber coated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 05:15 PM
    fyi. You will have to go into the 8300/8310/8320 section to find the midplate but they are universal fit for th e8330 as well.
    03-29-09 06:34 PM
    Thank you BigShowJoe!
    04-04-09 06:43 AM
    I got mine at GSM4WORLD.com. It is perfect with one exception. The top strip where the mute button is, is not rubberized like the side rails. It is a matte black finish but just not rubber coated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, mine didn't have the rubber either. But I was glad to see that step of improvement as the original midplates' rubber has a tendency to peel off on almost every curve over a certain time period. The matt black (rubber lookalike) is definitely a pro for the housing.
    04-05-09 06:50 AM
    I see GSM4WORLD orders/obtains parts from Hong Kong.
    Did you guys buying from them have to wait a long time for your order to arrive?
    04-11-09 09:19 AM
    Most of the stuff I purchase from Hong Kong takes 10-12 days. Quickest from GSM for me was 8 days. Gets held up in customs on the east coast.
    04-11-09 11:46 AM
    Thanks!
    Unreal tho, I was at that site this morning and they had the midplate I needed. Went to do a couple things, went back less than 30 minutes later and now it's gone. This midplate part w/antenna and speaker/mic is proving very hard to locate anywhere.
    04-11-09 01:02 PM
    I have one more question. (still searching).

Could someone verify whether the midplate for the 8300, 8310 & 8320 is compatible with the 8330?

Because on ebay sellers listing midplates for 8300-20 say it's not compatible with 8330.

Then I just hit a few online retailers (legit or not, IDK), who are inferring it is compatible, because they are lumping the 8330 housing in with the other model curves.

So if someone could answer that, I'd be very grateful!
    04-11-09 01:57 PM

where did you find a complete midplate for an 8330?? I can't find one ANYWHERE.
    05-31-09 09:09 PM
    I'm not on your model but I did it on an 8900 and everything was pretty easy except for the speaker, which I broke. >.< The antenna was connected with adhesive on mine...took me a while to figure it out as the black plastic made it difficult to delineate the individual pieces from each other. Hope you get it figured out.
    01-01-10 02:46 AM
    help, i accidentally snapped off the contact sensor on the midplate for voice dailing on my bbb9000 as i was changing the lcd display. Can this be fixed or do i have to buy a whole new midplate? Can anyone tell me if the contact sensors can be bought and reattached, and if so where its available. Thanks
    05-29-10 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD