Can anyone let me know if my 8330 curve will allow me to view an excel spread sheet, or is there something that I will need to download? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe
    05-21-08 09:32 AM
    Im not sure but I do know os 4.5 has docs to go which will allow you to view excel docs on your curve. theres a beta of 4.5 out there on the internet. I have it installed and it works great.
    05-21-08 09:39 AM
    where would I go to get the beta version? How do I verify what version I am running on my curve? I just bought it on Sunday.

Joe
    05-21-08 09:42 AM
    where would I go to get the beta version? How do I verify what version I am running on my curve? I just bought it on Sunday.

Joe
    First, to see what OS you're running no follow this:
    1) options
    2) about
    Its under App version... or simply hold ALT and enter eace..
    That will tell you.

And as far as the OS 4.5 its a BETA software, which means it is not complete and is not "officially" released, so it still has its flaws for some phones. And we can not tell you where it is or post a link, as its not supposed to be available and that is not allowed on the forums. But heres a little hint...google magic baby (search) !
    05-21-08 09:48 AM
    Oh, and the available versions now, will not load your excel file. The new upcoming 4.5 version will allow you to do that! We all cannot wait!

Welcome to the addiction!
    05-21-08 09:50 AM
    you should be able to view older excel spreadsheets with the native viewer on the Blackberry. However, I think you will need a 3rd party app (or wait for 4.5) to be able to see Excel 2007 versions, with the .xlsx extension.
    05-21-08 09:53 AM
    You guys ROCK! It's appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe
    05-21-08 09:57 AM
    I'm using excel 2003, should I be able to view my document on my curve?

Also, has anyone used the BB for music? How long does the battery last? I'm usually at the gym for 60-90 minutes.
    05-21-08 10:31 AM
    oh, but you won't be able to edit them, without a 3rd party app.
    05-21-08 10:45 AM
    I downloaded the trial version of grid magic and it allows me to view excel documents that i received and I'm using OS 4.2 that came with my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 10:53 AM
    Double Post
    Last edited by chollow2; 05-21-08 at 11:27 AM.
    05-21-08 11:21 AM
    You can also try Gridmagic for viewing Excel files, they have a Comunity edition that is free, i cant post URLs yet but google search Gridmagic and you should find it.

Edit: nevermind i see you already did that.
    05-21-08 03:20 PM
    There was a post about this in the forums yesterday. Here's the information I posted again:

You can view several file attachment types on your BlackBerry� device, including .zip, .htm, .html, .doc, .dot, .ppt, .pdf, .wpd, .txt, .vcf, and .xls files. You can also view .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, .tif, and .wmf files, and play .wav files.

If you save an email message that contains an attachment that you have opened, the email message and the attachment are stored in the device memory until you delete the email message.

I don't see .xlsx on here so I guess if you have it in Office 2007 format, you'll have to re-save it in compatibility mode as .xls to be able to view it. Hope this helps you.

Here are some more hints:

Move to a specific cell
    1. In a spreadsheet, click the trackball.
    2. Click Go to Cell.
    3. Type the cell co-ordinates.
    4. Click the trackball.

View the content of a cell
    In a spreadsheet cell, click the trackball.

View a list of worksheets
    1. In a spreadsheet, press the Menu key.
    2. Click Table of Contents.
    To move to a specific worksheet, click a worksheet.

Switch worksheets
    2. Click Next Sheet or Prev Sheet.

Change the size of a column
    In a spreadsheet, perform one of the following actions:
    • To change the size of a column, click the column label. Click a size.
    • To view all the text in a column, click the column label. Click Fit.
    • To change the size of all the columns in the spreadsheet, click the unmarked column label in the upper-left corner of the
    spreadsheet. Click a size.
    • To change the column size for all spreadsheets, press the Menu key. Click Options. Set the Column Width field. Press the
    Menu key. Click Save.

Set display options for a spreadsheet
    2. Click Options.
    3. Perform any of the following actions:
    • To view the gridlines in the spreadsheet, set the Show Gridlines field to Yes.
    • To label spreadsheet rows with numbers and columns with letters, set the Display Labels field to Yes.
    4. Press the Menu key.
    5. Click Save.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    05-21-08 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD