I have had my Curve for about one year and all of a sudden yesterday my MicroSD media card stopped working. I have tried to format...take it out of the back and put it back in, but nothing seems to work. When I go to options<media card..it says the media card isn't readable/recognized and to make sure it is formatted. When I format, it says media card format failed. Someone please help....thank you!
    07-11-09 10:49 AM
    Try and connect it to the computer and see what it says there. Take it out and try and re-seat it or something.
    07-11-09 11:31 AM
    When I connect to the computer and open media manager it keeps telling me to enable mass storage mode...which I already have enabled. I click ok and then try to disable and re-enable mass storage mode, but nothing happens.
    07-11-09 01:22 PM
    I had the same problem happen today! When I checked my phone this a.m., nothing would work. I took out the battery and "rebooted" it. Everything came back except the media card. I connected to the computer and I have gotten the same messages that you have. When I go the the Media Card section within the phone, it says to install media card. I click it, it pauses, and nothing....its like there is not a media card at all.

Anyone found a solution? I have been dealing with this all day! I'm very frustrated!
    07-11-09 04:44 PM
    That is sooo crazy! I have been stuck on my phone all day trying to figure out what the heck happened. I haven't found a solution, but I did call Verizon and they are shipping me a replacement phone next week so I can figure out if its my phone that's defective, or the card itself. Don't know who your carrier is...but I would give them a call and see what they can do. Now I feel a bit better knowing somebody else out there is going through the same as me..lol. Hope this helps ya. Goodluck!
    07-12-09 01:15 AM
    I've had this happen to me. I used a targus usb adaptor and connected to computer. From there u want to format. Then run disk check. U might as well start with simplest settings. Run it. Then repeat each time stepping up settings.
    After that put card back in and then format for bb.

If u don't have adaptor u can do same thing. Again just look for in explorer and run disk check.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 02:29 AM
    Also.
    After doing this you will want to do battery pull.

07-12-09 02:30 AM
    Thanks so much! I am going to try that now =)
    07-12-09 09:03 AM
    Also.
    After doing this you will want to do battery pull.

After months of having the media card work on by BB, suddenly everything disappeared. THe BB doesn't recognize the media card. When I put it in and rebooted the message is to format the card. (I didn't have to do that before)
    I tried formatting it on my desktop and the message is "Windows was unable to format this disk."

What happened?

Should I just get a new media card?
    07-12-09 09:18 AM
    After months of having the media card work on by BB, suddenly everything disappeared. The BB doesn't recognize the media card. When I put it in and rebooted the message is to format the card. (I didn't have to do that before)
    I tried formatting it on my desktop and the message is "Windows was unable to format this disk."

What happened?

Should I just get a new media card?
    If your computer failed to format the SD card then it is defective and needs to be replaced. So yes, you should get a replacement SD card and quickly since this one is not usable.
    07-12-09 09:47 AM
    My 8 gig just did this the other night. My card is toast and Im back to using a 2 gig for now. Lost all my music but I upload most pics to picasa so those are safe.
    07-12-09 11:39 AM
    ---->John.Hamilton.2.0 : Thanks for the help. I just got my replacement phone and it wont detect the card either..I think your right. It sucks tho, $40 down the drain. Better go by a new one. Thanks again!
    07-16-09 12:16 AM
    same thing happened to me today. i was in the middle of using my phone, checking messages. and got a message that said the media card had been removed. now the phone, computer, etc won't read the media card. which really sucks because all my ringtones and pics are on there.weird that this has happened to a bunch of others within the last month or so....
    08-12-09 05:54 PM
    on Sunday it took me 4 hours to realize that mine has also done the same thing. My trusty 16GB card is no more now. I can't even get it to run on the pc anymore ... back to the 256 it had ... (Grrrrrrrrrrr)
    08-13-09 04:16 PM
    okay my blackberry bold 9700 flat out stopped recognizing my sd card after months of it working too. I pulled the battery and took the sd card out and put all back in using various different orders of doing things...nothing worked. So i tried to update the music on it through blackberry desktop to see if that would help the phone realize it had a memory card...still didn't work.

The funny thing is though...my brother's (nonblackberry) phone read the card without a problem. So it's not the card.

Anyone have any idea what to do?
    08-17-10 10:28 AM
    These microSDHC cards are flaky at best. I've had cards give me random errors for no reason at all. I've never been able to transfer a card between phones without having problems with it, even after reformatting the card. The medium is good for portable media on our phones, but don't try to use it as a reliable backup. It is not!
    08-17-10 10:51 AM
    It seem like its an conspiracy to make us upgrade from the 8330 because at my sprint store the rep says he never heard any complaints about the media card

08-17-10 09:02 PM
    if a battery pull and taking out and putting back in the card doesnt work the slot is fried or the card is junk, i would try another sd card and see if the phone responds, if not than the sd slot is fried and you need to get a replacement, if not and the second card works the origional card is busted
    08-18-10 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD