Anyone else notice that the microphone on the Curve 8330 is very quiet during calls? Everyone I talk to complains that my voice volume is very quiet. I searched through the manual/user guide and did not find anything about background noise suppression or cancellation.

Thanks!!!
    06-09-09 09:17 AM
    Hi there,

I've a similar problem on my Curve. People on the other side of a phone call complain about low volume and muffled syllables while I can understand them absolutely clearly. Nokia 6300 with the same SIM card on the same spot doesn't have these issues...

Anyone else had this problem or found a solution?

Thanks!
    07-08-09 03:16 AM
    Anybody come up with anything? I am having the same issue.
    11-12-09 03:21 PM
    Me too!! I went so far as blowing some air into the microphone in hopes it was clogged or something. Didn't help. Yet I've seen other 8330s, like mine, that are perfectly fine. I'm not sure whats up.
    11-13-09 01:49 PM
    When i use my 8330 in hand-held mode it's fine, but the speakerphone function is all but useless due to the low microphone when in speakerphone mode.

Having said that, the 8330's mic is not as "live" when in hand-held mode as my GSM BlackBerry devices. I find that the position of my hand is very important. It must be "cupped" under the phone in order to sound proper.

My 8130 Pearl CDMA Blackberry does not have this same problem. It is perfect in respect to the mic.
    11-13-09 09:04 PM
    I have a 8310 that when there is noise on the other persons side my mic goes quite? has any one solved this issue??
    07-02-11 10:24 PM
    It all has to do with positioning. If you move your bb slightly up or down it makes a big difference in hearing as well as being heard. Just turn up the ear volume and roll the bottom closer to your mouth. Fixes the problem every time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD