hi i'm trying to put an mpeg4 video file on my memory card to play on my blackberry it s 19mb do i have to have a special program or something?
    08-07-08 08:06 PM
    Have you tried using the BB Desktop manager to aid in trasnferring the file? Also, if you have installed the BB Desktop Manager on your PC, it will load the necessary USB drivers to "talk" to BB. When I want to transfer files to my BB, I just connect to the PC with the data cable and let the PC discover the BB, then select the Windows Explorer application to browse my BB as if it were just another file folder on my PC. I simply can drag and drop files to my BBs SD card.
    08-08-08 10:33 AM
    i got it to work using desktop manager thanks so much I didn't realize desktop manager converts the movie file to blackberry format i thought it just moved it to the card so i was searching all over for converters and stuff and nothing was working but desktop manager was thanks so much
    08-08-08 10:36 AM
    i got it to work using desktop manager thanks so much I didn't realize desktop manager converts the movie file to blackberry format i thought it just moved it to the card so i was searching all over for converters and stuff and nothing was working but desktop manager was thanks so much

thanks for letting me know this also...i did the same thing just dropped it on my memory card but no go...

is this part of the cd that came with the curve and does it work for a mac ?

thanks
    08-08-08 12:27 PM
    If you video is formatted correctly, it can be "dropped" on the memory card. Best to do mp4, video size no larger than 320 x 240 and kbps < 800. Then it should play fine. That's what I do when ripping a DVD.
    08-08-08 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD