hi, all.

so, being new to this blackberry, my bro told me i had to get a micro sd card for memory. i went out and ordered one (2G), and it should arrive in a few days.

my question is this:

what do i do with it once installed? should i transfer anything there? or change a setting to use that storage?

i don't intend to use my bb for music but i do take a few pix now and then and like having a few ringtones and wallpapers.

thanks1
    11-14-08 08:32 AM
    Media card is well, for media, you can store your pics, wallpapers you get, ringtones etc.. third party apps, you cant save to the media card..

Once you get it, yes trasnfer all the media you have gathered in the past few days, you want to keep the device memory as free as you can, so anything you have downloaded as far as media, move onto the card, you can either transfer via the DM, or move it right from your device.
    11-14-08 08:34 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    11-14-08 08:36 AM
    You need a Media card to store those pics, wallpapers, videos, etc. On. You have device memory and a media card, 2 completely seperate things. You do not want pics and videos on your device, this takes up massive memory and will cause issues like deleted e-mails, SMS, call logs. Get yourself one...
    11-14-08 08:36 AM
    ok, so go through all the subsections in the media application and move all those things, my wallpapers, ringtones, photos, etc. over to the card?

even the preloaded stuff?
    11-14-08 08:50 AM
    The preloaded stuff you cant move.. we just mean the stuff you upload to the device - your own ringtones, wallpapers you find etc..
    11-14-08 08:58 AM
    ok, thanks very much!
    11-14-08 08:59 AM
    You can actually remove all the preloaded stuff, however, being that you are new to the device, I would wait a while till you become more familar with it before removing or deleting files that came with the device. When you are really comfortable with it, and want to remove the preloaded wallpapers, you can do a search for a program called Crackmem, its on here, but I wouldnt mess it with being so new.. just learn about your device right now and have fun with it
    11-14-08 09:02 AM
    hi, all.

so, being new to this blackberry, my bro told me i had to get a micro sd card for memory. i went out and ordered one (2G), and it should arrive in a few days.

my question is this:

what do i do with it once installed? should i transfer anything there? or change a setting to use that storage?

i don't intend to use my bb for music but i do take a few pix now and then and like having a few ringtones and wallpapers.

thanks1
    Turn mass storage on, auto enable mass storage when connected turn to on , I have encryption mode turned to none and I have no issues with my sd card. The card is essential for storage of video, music, pics etc. Once you get one and start to use it every other device you use for music video's etc will most likely be thrown in your drawer and you will use your bb solely as your multi media device.
    11-14-08 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD