my phone goes to messenger mode? or messaging mode i never heard of this ? its been happening to me all weekend i called tmo blackberry support they had no clue. of curse i have to send my bb in they said but this one is custom painted lol and i need oem faceplate. how long does cnn.cn turn around take turn around time? and has anyone ever hear of this mode it goes to sos and where it shows the network it say messenger?
    06-03-08 08:46 PM
    What OS is it running?
    06-03-08 08:47 PM
    my phone goes to messenger mode? or messaging mode i never heard of this ? its been happening to me all weekend i called tmo blackberry support they had no clue. of curse i have to send my bb in they said but this one is custom painted lol and i need oem faceplate. how long does cnn.cn turn around take turn around time? and has anyone ever hear of this mode it goes to sos and where it shows the network it say messenger?
    If you're ordering parts, it takes About 2 weeks for delivery. They're in Hong Kong.
    06-03-08 09:19 PM
    doesnt cn stand for china
    06-03-08 09:37 PM
    Hong Kong is part of China now although I don't know if sites there can register under the .hk domain anymore. Just FYI.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-03-08 10:35 PM
    I would recommend a restore using Desktop Manager. Download the newest handset software from your provider and install the file on your computer. Then open Desktop Manager and connect your Blackberry. Once it detects your phone it should automatically prompt for the software update.
    06-03-08 11:08 PM
    With your mention of SOS, I wonder if it's gone into the mode it goes into when making emergency calls (like 911). Have you tried doing a battery pull?

Can you be more specific as to what the screen displays? Does it actually say Messenger Mode? If so, where?
    06-03-08 11:09 PM
    sorry everyone busy night.. umm where it displays my service (tmobile and wifi) in the middle it switched over from that to messenger mode and instead of the signal bars it said sos. i have the latest os out that is legit 4.2. another note... i did do a battery pull does fix it but it might be a faulty sim card which i just replaced friday. when all the problems started!
    Last edited by nowitizkisson; 06-04-08 at 01:29 AM.
    06-04-08 01:27 AM
    sorry everyone busy night.. umm where it displays my service (tmobile and wifi) in the middle it switched over from that to messenger mode and instead of the signal bars it said sos. i have the latest os out that is legit 4.2. another note... i did do a battery pull does fix it but it might be a faulty sim card which i just replaced friday. when all the problems started!
    So are you up and running now? I've been doing some searching for you and I can't find a mention of this kind of thing happening anywhere. Hope it's an easy fix like the SIM card!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-04-08 12:26 PM
    So are you up and running now? I've been doing some searching for you and I can't find a mention of this kind of thing happening anywhere. Hope it's an easy fix like the SIM card!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    well it good for like few hours or so den it happens again it happened about a hour ago.. and the battery pull but its getting annoying
    06-04-08 04:44 PM
    Maybe you should take it into T-Mo and see what they can do about it. If they don't know, have them give you a new SIM card or maybe even a new berry. Good luck!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-04-08 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD