For some reason when I receive a text message two message icons pop up on the top right of my phone. Not sure why this is because I have never had it happen before. I did change my theme a few times today but ended up changing it back the one I had been using for a while. Here's a picture of the two messages icons:

12-13-09 06:36 PM
    normally one of those is the sms and one is an email...i'm assuming you have them separate cuz the email has the asterick for the email one but I don't know what the sms icon is on that theme.
    12-13-09 06:46 PM
    I don't even have a data plan so there is no way I can receive emails.
    12-13-09 07:14 PM
    You probably have the SMS going to the general message folder also. You can check by opening the message folder > menu > options > list settings > check or uncheck what you want or don't want to show up in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 07:23 PM
    You probably have the SMS going to the general message folder also. You can check by opening the message folder > menu > options > list settings > check or uncheck what you want or don't want to show up in there.

So I go into my "Messages" folder? I went there and didn't see exactly what you're talking about.
    12-13-09 07:36 PM
    Oh man I'm sorry. I just checked on my old pearl and that option isn't there. Its for the 5.0 OS. My bad again sorry. The only option I see on the older OS is theme controlled, combined or separate. You could try playing with those settings but it sounds like your theme is the cause. Sorry I sent you on a wild goose chase.

12-13-09 07:46 PM
    It's fine. I just need to mess around with those I guess.
    12-13-09 08:05 PM
    Messages > Menu > Options > General Options > SMS and Email Inboxes > Separate
    12-13-09 08:05 PM
    Messages > Menu > Options > General Options > SMS and Email Inboxes > Separate
    I'll do that but back a week ago I just had Messages folder and all my Text messages came in there. I would like to set it up like that again if possible.
    12-13-09 08:20 PM
    I still need help. I've messed with the settings and I'm still getting the same result.
    12-13-09 09:06 PM
    Anyone????
    12-13-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD