So, my theme's set to dimension today, and every once in a while, the first text of a string I get, won't go away. As in, the little "-Date- -Person- -first bit of message-" thing won't go away. At first, deleting everything from that day got rid of it. Now, that won't get rid of it either. Any ideas of what's wrong?

And if it matters, it's a curve 8310 running OS 4.2.2.170, platform 2.5.0.30
    12-30-08 12:49 AM
    Try a battery pull?

You consider upgrading to 4.5 also?
    12-30-08 12:57 AM
    it happens every day, if not twice/thrice a day...so battery pull'll get annoying after a while. That did work however!=D

and I have no idea how to upgrade the OS or whatever it is...I wanted to, but first, I've never used the desktop manager, and when I was trying to figure out which OS download to use, the part about the platform confused me x.x;
    12-30-08 01:02 AM
    AT&T BlackBerry software
    You can get the installation files for the OS and Desktop Manager
    from that link.

For install instruction to load any carrier 8310 OS on your BB:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader if the OS is not from your carrier.
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

And the only set of numbers that really matters is the one
    listed for APPLICATION. That is the actual OS version.
    12-30-08 01:14 AM
    It's well worth it to do the upgrade process. My fav is video recording capability & HTML e-mail in it
    12-30-08 01:22 AM
    wait, upgrading the OS won't screw with my warranty or anything?I wouldn't think it would, but...yeah...never know nowadays
    12-30-08 01:30 AM
    Nope you are just upgrading your OS on your phone to a better one
    12-30-08 01:38 AM
    w00t. Thanks!Hopefully if nothing else, that solves my problem. If not...yay, I have video and a better OS!=)
    12-30-08 01:48 AM
    Hope goes smooth for ya. Just follow the instructions AG listed above & should go right through for ya
    12-30-08 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD