Greetings, all, first post

I just got my Curve a couple days ago and have a bit of a pet peeve with the way messages are arranged. Before I configured e-mail, I liked how it showed the Combined inbox/outbox SMS messages. However, since e-mail has been activated, it now includes e-mail messages from all of my accounts in the default messages app.

What I would like: I would like to be able to hit the Messages button and view the combined inbox/outbox for SMS/MMS messages only. I already have separate inboxes that appeared on the home screen for my various e-mail accounts.

Alternatively, is there a way to put a button that goes directly to the SMS Inbox and/or Outbox on the home screen?

At this point, I have tried changing between Combined/Separate on the Messages options and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. It's just annoying having to wade through various e-mails to get to the text messages and I would rather avoid scrolling all the way down to "View Folder" to filter SMS messages (and then lose the inbox/outbox feature as I am reading them.)

If I can clarify this in some way, please let me know how. Thanks in advance.
    01-04-08 04:02 PM
    OK first... You cant have separate inbox/outbox unles you are running on BES.

2nd.) for the separate SMS/MMS got to an email folder>options>general options>SMS and Email Inboxes>Separate. If you want to see your sent messages in that same menu screen goto>Hide Sent Messages>NO.

Hope this helps!
    01-04-08 05:54 PM
    The theme you choose will also give you more options. I use a Nightshade Today theme that has a Today-like screen which includes separate previews of messages and SMS/MMS. Without it my SMS messages often got overlooked among my e-mails.
    01-04-08 06:20 PM
    OK first... You cant have separate inbox/outbox unles you are running on BES.

2nd.) for the separate SMS/MMS got to an email folder>options>general options>SMS and Email Inboxes>Separate. If you want to see your sent messages in that same menu screen goto>Hide Sent Messages>NO.

Hope this helps!
    I already have this setting and it isn't doing what I want to. First, when I click the Messages button, it defaults to my e-mail inbox. I would like it to direct to SMS Inbox.

Ideally I would just like to filter out e-mails from the Messages view, so that I only see e-mails when I click the inbox of the respective e-mail address. Is this at all possible?
    01-04-08 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD