hi all....

1st post, so be gentle ;o)

I've got a problem with my device. The msg icon shows 10 unread msgs, even though I have none on my outlook (desktop).

Environment:

Ms Exchange 2003
    BES 4.1

Any clues????

help is appreciated
    07-08-08 06:19 AM
    Try pulling the battery with the device on, then replace it after 30 seconds.
    07-08-08 06:46 AM
    Have you checked all of your message folders on your Berry?? A battery pull is not necessary if you have not checked the messages on your device. Your device will still think you have messages.

Once you do that, try a battery pull
    07-08-08 07:13 AM
    it is just on inbox really....
    have tried to pull the battery, but no joy
    07-08-08 07:56 AM
    it is just on inbox really....
    have tried to pull the battery, but no joy
    so you're saying you have opened the messages on your computer AND your berry, but the berry still shows an icon that says you still have unopened messages?

or are you opening the messages on your computer, and thinking your berry should show them as "read" even though you didnt open them on your berry?

because if it's the latter, that's not how it works.
    07-08-08 07:59 AM
    or are you opening the messages on your computer, and thinking your berry should show them as "read" even though you didnt open them on your berry?

because if it's the latter, that's not how it works.
    oakie,
    stupid me, but i thought the sync would take care of this. Therefore what you are saying is that I need to open on both PC + BBerry in order to see the message count icon disappear?

cheers, buddy
    07-08-08 08:10 AM
    oakie,
    stupid me, but i thought the sync would take care of this. Therefore what you are saying is that I need to open on both PC + BBerry in order to see the message count icon disappear?

cheers, buddy
    yes. it doesnt sync your read status. it will delete though, depending on yoru settings, when you choose to reconcile.
    07-08-08 08:27 AM
    yes. it doesnt sync your read status. it will delete though, depending on yoru settings, when you choose to reconcile.
    Top man

Mods: thread can be closed, pls
    07-08-08 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD