Hi all Just wanted to say first I love this site..thanks to so many people here that have helped me figure out my BB...

My question is this (Im still really green so im not sure if im wording this right)..on my BB, I have an icon for each email acct, and theres also an additional icon just named "messages". When I recv an email in any of these accts, not only does the email icon have a little red star indicating a message, but the plain "messages" icon has a red star on it. Why the redundancy?
    And does this 2nd message alert going to my plain "message" folder being taken from my texting plan or my BB plan?
    04-28-08 10:57 AM
    It's just the way the BB does it. all emails go to their individual inbox as well as the message folder, but it uses your BB data plan, not texts.
    04-28-08 11:02 AM
    If you want you can always hide the messaging icon so that way you
    will only see the separated email icon. For instance I have my main messaging
    icon hidden and it only show my gmail and my blackberry.net icon
    04-28-08 11:05 AM
    thanks, i appreciate it...

hopefully once i figure it out, i can help other newbies as well as you do
    04-28-08 11:05 AM
    If you want you can always hide the messaging icon so that way you
    will only see the separated email icon. For instance I have my main messaging
    icon hidden and it only show my gmail and my blackberry.net icon
    I used to see the 'red star' icon when I got a new email, but now I don't and I really liked it, is there a way to get it back? Now, I only see the red star when I get a text/mms. I'm sure I did something but I don't know how to turn it back on.
    05-19-08 09:32 AM
    I used to see the 'red star' icon when I got a new email, but now I don't and I really liked it, is there a way to get it back? Now, I only see the red star when I get a text/mms. I'm sure I did something but I don't know how to turn it back on.
    The red star for my gmail account stopped working and I'd only get a red star on the "Messages" icon. I played with every setting possible with no luck. I then saw in another thread that this is a common problem solved by a simple battery pull.

I did a battery pull and bingo, red star now works on my gmail icon.
    05-20-08 07:09 PM
    yup...battery pull gets your red stars back!!!! (thx to this forum day 2 bb for me).....BUT to help original poster....try this>>>>seperate your sms/mms from email......HIDE the general messages icon....then check off option so you get no "alert" for missed calls (ull still get notified..just no folder---for some reason u can only rid a missed call folder in general mssg icon folder ..not even in call log!)...and ure set.

to see call log..hit green send button
    sms/mms now separate
    emails separate..

add ringtones for each of the three...
    now see a red star..u know what it is!
    05-20-08 07:16 PM
    Thanks to all Crackberry superstars, I am a newbie and have been reading and studying tips to have a great Crackberry experience. What key features are needed to really break her open? (No offense, love the ladies.)
    05-20-08 07:18 PM
    i have a red star but no messages...???
    11-24-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD