Please someone understand what I'm trying to explain... I'm practically in tears here.

Here's what I posted at BB's User Forum site; so far, no love:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi, guess what? I'm kinda one of those users the IT guy hates, too. Only I am pretty tech-saavy, I just sometimes step in a little pile of goo & get stuck... this week's goo is that I went from WinMob to BB without knowing of the capability of Multiple Calendars. Yikes.

I did the same thing in a way, but my specs are different. Is the solution still the same?

And I guess I should recap... Had a full calendar & address book in Outlook (from final sync of WinMob device). First full sync from desktop to device went beautifully. Then set up personal email, which (WHOA!) took my whole "work" calendar & sync'd it to my "personal" account. Thinking I had duplications, I deleted the Outlook entries, sync'd and then attempted an overwrite from BB to Desktop. No love, obviously... I just ended up with single entries on the BB and nothing in Outlook.

My guess is I need to merge the personal (full) with the work (empty), but I don't know how.

Device: 8330 Curve (new last Thursday)
    Desktop: WinXP Prof 2002, SP3
    PC: HP dx2000MT Pent4 1.49GB RAM

A little update to my issue: I applied different colors so I could clearly differentiate b/t the 2 calendars. I've just come to the realization that in my trying different things Fri afternoon, what I ACTUALLY have now is three calendars...

PINK: the original personal calendar (one of my efforts was to delete "@abc.net" and try again)

BLUE: the current personal calendar (I know this because I added something last night to my calendar)

GREEN: the current Desktop calendar (I know this because of a last minute sync on Fri afternoon)

Oh where, oh where has my little dog gone? Oh where, oh where can he be?
    11-10-08 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD