I have a Tmobile 8320, I bought the unlock code, but when I reach my MEP input code screen I have the message that there is (0 Left) tries.

I entered the code but as expected I got an error.

Any help in how to reset this tries counter (as I read originally you have 10 tries), I flashed the phone with 4.5 beta but this counter was not modified.
    05-13-08 04:50 PM
    You cannot reset the counter. It would appear there were ten wrong codes entered (which is why it is at O)

The phone can still be used, it cannot, if I understand correctly ever be unlocked. It will always be a T-Mobile phone.

But then again I explained all of this in another thread. No matter how many times you post this, the answer is going to be the same.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-13-08 at 04:57 PM.
    05-13-08 04:55 PM
    Ok, Thanks I have this issue posted in several forums and until today I have a straight answer.
    05-13-08 05:07 PM
    Crackberry is your one stop shop for the answers your want and need :-)

Yeah, did you get that off ebay? Where did you purchase it? Were you trying to unlock it prior?
    05-13-08 05:12 PM
    You know, maybe is not discovered yet by anyone of us, but if the counter can go from 10 to 0 that means that this is a memory position in some nonvolatile RAM, that some internal program can change every time you provide a wrong code. if this is true, which is, there must be a way to do it.
    Maybe is a kind of factory deal, but maybe one of all these genius guys can have an idea of what can be done.
    Last edited by mgarciah; 05-13-08 at 05:32 PM.
    05-13-08 05:25 PM
    I bought an 8830 new, from a local provider in my area. It uses CDMA technology and the carrier uses manual programming. I too am trying to unlock my phone so that I can put a sim card in it. I went through the steps and mine said from the beginning that I had 0 attempts left. Basically this is a load of crap because I am the only person to ever own this phone and not once have I tried to unlock it until now. I have worked for cell phone companies for the last 3 years so I am not a moron when it comes to this stuff. I do have the unlock code but there has to be some way to reset the counter. If you get a correct answer on this please let me know! Thanks
    06-14-08 06:49 PM
    The correct answer is the same as the one posted above.

You cannot reset the counter.
    06-14-08 07:00 PM
    But I have used no attempts and as I said nobody has used this phone before me, so why is the counter at 0? It doesn't make sense.
    06-15-08 11:51 AM
    How sure are you the phone is new? It's possible that the phone was sold as new, but wasn't. The possibility is even more so if the phone was a replacement phone.
    06-15-08 12:02 PM
    I have no idea why it's at zero, but as you say, it is, and there is no way to get it back to 10.

If as you previously stated, you just bought it, take it back to your local provider, explain your situation, and get replaced.
    06-15-08 12:06 PM
    How sure are you the phone is new? It's possible that the phone was sold as new, but wasn't. The possibility is even more so if the phone was a replacement phone.
    I am 100 percent positive that it was new. It was not a replacement and I actually worked for the store at the time i purchased it.
    06-16-08 01:04 PM
    If it's new and doing this to you, that I think would qualify as a defective unit. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you don't just take it back and have it replaced. I know I'd have done that by now.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-16-08 at 01:32 PM.
    06-16-08 01:29 PM
    I have one but not sure if it works for every BB. Found this one in a forum.

Blackberry solution for mep code (0 left)

This is the solution for anyone have mep code 0 left in his handset that no attemt balance for enter code.

1. Please install black berry desktop manager. (its free download from black berry website)
    2. Connect handset with pc.
    3. Open this software its shows booting rom and ask u phone unlock code(note: its not asking mep code just user code).if not phone code inserted then it update rom automatically.
    4. Now your handset reboot, then you got mep code(10 left) in network lock section.

Download Rom Booter:
    RapidShare: Rom Booter
    Last edited by lumos; 10-09-09 at 11:17 PM.
    10-09-09 09:37 PM
    10-12-10 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD