I was wondering just how much memory lossage throughout the day is expected? I have the .44 beta and its by far lost the least amount of the other two I tried (.42 and .37). After quite a bit of net useage and few phone calls it has lost approx 4mb. (At midnight did a battery pull and that took it to 19 mb and now it's still at approx 15 mb)

Yes I know its beta and not perfect, I know memory loss is bad, I know needs to stay 10mb or better for top performance. I just wanna know how much is too much to lose in a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 03:39 PM
    I average around a 1MB to 2MB loss... if I receive a lot of messages that have not been cleaned up, etc.

I am not experiencing any memory leaks with .44 Beta on the 8320

Check out the last 2 links in my sig for memory optimization threads

*EDIT* : Deleting messages, clearing cache and moving files to your memory card can help. Other techniques are noted in those links that help a lot. I am sure you have already seen the walk-thoughs, but I wanted to share the knowledge in case you hadn't!
    06-23-08 03:42 PM
    I lose no more than 1.5MB at the absoloute MOST...
    06-23-08 03:45 PM
    It depends on what you use and how much. I too have noticed less memory loss with 4.5.0.44 that previous releases.

Mine runs and about 23Mb because I am running with absolutely nothing installed - except Bricbreaker.

I did a battery pull 24 hours ago and have lost little or no memory during the day.

The trouble is, my phone is re-booting in the middle of all calls longer than about 5 minutes.
    06-23-08 03:45 PM
    I did a clean and it brought my available to 19mb after battery pull. It was at 16 before a small clean of my berry.

With the other betas I lost a few mb an hour but I also had a ton of crap saved. Nothing else is wrong with this beta. No dropped calls, no re booting, nothing but the small memory leak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD