I have to admit that I love apps and games and I download a lot and always looking for more but lately my phone has been running with sometimes 5megs left and it's kind of scaring me a bit.
    I have followed all tricks, and I deleted voice dailing with the free mem program as well, deleted the "About" file as well (so I can't tell you which version I'm running)
    But I still have Password Keeper that I never use.
    Can I go ahead and delete it directly from the "O" "Advanced option"?
    What else can I delete directly to help me free memory?
    What about Help?
    I have 2 themes in my BB and the following apps:
    The Weather Network app, Twitterberry, Socialscope, (I use 2 Twitter accounts) TFLN app, Hippopost, Shazam, Poynt, Google map, Opera mini, Quickpull, Radio Companion, BB app world, Where, Windows live messenger, Chronograph, Blackstar, Nintai, Lingo, KaGlom, Uno.
    I have the BB maps still installed even tho I always use Google maps, Brickbreaker and all others original BB stuff that I can't delete like, setup BT and all that stuff.

Do I have too much apps? I'm on a 8310 Curve.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 09:00 AM
    Help is 2MB so if you don't use it I would deff get rid of it. And Password Keeper is fine to get rid of. The thing I'd check is when you do a battery pull and start back up, before you do anything press alt+shift+h and see what your file free is. At this point you should have atleast 12MB free. If you do you are golden. As you run apps they will take up more of your flash, as they use it as ram/swap space. Its ok that the number goes down as you run apps, ppl just say that 12MB to start is good cause then you can have quite a few apps open before you hit 0MB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 09:06 AM
    you have A LOT of 3rd party apps...those are probably slowing down the phone. make sure you always close them and no just escape them.
    10-14-09 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD