Well, I just read that awesome thread about mem optimization. Prob is I didnt have the OS installed on my PC so I am d/l it now.

My question is... Will all the languages i deleted through the wizard show up on my BB once I connect it to my PC.

Will my service books stay the same if this thing wants to resync itself?? I had a big prob with no browser and I dont want it to happen again.

Thanks in advance

Jim
    04-03-08 10:12 PM
    The only things you will lose, are the things that you select to be erased. When your BB is connected to your PC and you run app loader, you will see a whole list of things that can be selected to be erased. Service books are not updated/modified through the app loader, they are done through the BB
    04-03-08 10:28 PM
    nah, Im not talking about the app loader, Im talking about actually going into the OS files and deleting some .cod files...

Im not seeing the themes, apps, etc... that I want to delete in apploader.

ehh, well see what happens, I hope this doesnt turn into a long night :-)

Jim
    04-03-08 10:47 PM
    From reading your orignal post you did not mention all of that. To delete apps you can go into options, advance options,applications and delete from there. For themes you will have to find them by opening the java folder inside the the reasearch in motion folder that is installed in your c:drive locate net_rim_them.cod files and delete them from there. Run app loader again and you will see them get erased.
    04-03-08 11:01 PM
    Thanks man! The prob is I dont have a Java folder inside a shared folder because the OS came with my phone and I did not d/l an OS.

When i installed an OS just now on PC the DM came up and said that there are updates, the 4.2 core progs, diff languages etc...., I wussed out and uninstalled, I dont wanna mess my berry up this quick.

Ill make all these tweaks when I d/l OS 4.5!

This way when I run the wizard Ill get rid of all the languages and all that will be left in my JAVA folder will be the .cods that I want to delete.

I hope you understand what I'm saying, Im bad with words sometimes.

Jim
    04-03-08 11:19 PM
    Its all good, definately something that you can't just start messing around, for the sake of it. For sure when you d/l 4.5 you can locate and get rid of the cods that you don't want.
    04-03-08 11:22 PM
    Well im off to bed, nice talking to ya man, thanks for the tips!

Cant wait to get rid of PTT, Voice activated dialing, and all those wallpapers!

Jim
    04-03-08 11:37 PM
    Well im off to bed, nice talking to ya man, thanks for the tips!

Cant wait to get rid of PTT, Voice activated dialing, and all those wallpapers!

Jim
    Here is what you're looking for, courtesy of John Clark.
    BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    04-04-08 05:30 AM
    What a great thread huh?? Thanks for the link. I read over it last night and didnt have the guts to go through with it because I did not have an OS installed on my PC.

Im gonna wait till I d/l 4.5 when it comes out and then I will make the tweaks!

Jim
    04-04-08 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD