I have removed alot of apps on my curve, i had about 34 megs free this morning, now it say about 27 megs. Were is all the memory going ??? or what is using it. How should i go about fixing this, any idea's. ?\

thanx
    11-17-09 09:04 AM
    A small memory drop is normal. But be sure you don't have apps running in the background if you aren't using them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 09:47 AM
    I agree with Hootyhoo, that is normal and nothing to be concerned about.

Your BlackBerry has 96 Mb of memory, after installing the Sun Java VM and BlackBerry OS software, the remainder is available for your use.

If you have a media card installed and have made the memory optimization settings, you should enjoy smooth and trouble free performance.
    11-17-09 10:10 AM
    My phone boots with about 37mb then after a day or so drops to around 32-27mb. Since upgrading to .175 I only do a battery pull every 3 days or so. Although Sunday my memory dropped to 20mb but, still wasn't lagging or anything. I am trying to break my addiction to memory i usually check it like five times a day and used to do a battery pull everynight. If you have Poynt, it could also be the cause because, I've noticed a significant leak since downloading it.
    11-17-09 11:01 AM
    Memory is a tricky thing.. some apps really cause memory leaks with certain os's… So be sure to……hmmm forgot what I was going to say...
    11-17-09 11:29 AM
    I am trying to break my addiction to memory i usually check it like five times a day and used to do a battery pull everynight. If you have Poynt, it could also be the cause because, I've noticed a significant leak since downloading it.
    I am also trying to break my addiction but I can't seem to NOT check me memory every hour or so. Today my memory reached its lowest at 4 mb. It was strange because there was nothing running besides bbm and the net. I used QP and my memory went back up to 18 mb only to drop down to 11 mb within 20 mins. I'm have 11 apps installed and 3 themes-- none of which seem to be too much but hey what do I know?? I still consider myself new to the BB world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 01:11 AM
    Another factor is the OS version your using. Some versions seem to be better at maintaining file free or preventing memory leaks. Personally I dream of the having 30 or 20 or even 15Mb's of file free. I'm usually in the 10Mb or less range
    11-18-09 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD