So i start of an a fresh battery pull with 18mb free not bad, but not where i would like it to be. Anyways after one day it will be down 12! Not that bad bad but not acceptable for me so i do a battery pull when i see this. Today i check and im at 5mb free! How does that even happen 13mb just dissappear? im running a base OS 4.5.0.81 with files from 4.6/5.0. I have memory cleaning on. The apps i have installed are Facebook, WLM, BBM 5.0, Blocked Traffic, App World, Bolt, and BeBuzz Free. I know Facebook and WLM are known to cause memory leaks but i never use WLM its only there for the convenience and should facebook itself really cause that much memory leaks?
    How can i reduce memory leaks.
    01-22-10 01:08 AM
    Different firmware maybe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 01:35 AM
    Get rid of app world. It is a memory eating machine.

01-22-10 01:36 AM

This is VERY true, I hate App World...sucks when i have to install it to get a application and remove it after i install the app lol
    01-22-10 07:12 AM

Even when you dont have it running/opened? it eats memory even when dormant?
    01-22-10 07:43 AM
    gosh yes! App world is awful and so is facebook. Get rid of those two things.
    Also, did you use Shrink A OS to shrink your hybrid before installing it? You probably have a ton of crap on the phone you don't need or use.
    01-22-10 08:50 AM
    So i start of an a fresh battery pull with 18mb free not bad, but not where i would like it to be. Anyways after one day it will be down 12! Not that bad bad but not acceptable for me so i do a battery pull when i see this. Today i check and im at 5mb free! How does that even happen 13mb just dissappear? im running a base OS 4.5.0.81 with files from 4.6/5.0. I have memory cleaning on. The apps i have installed are Facebook, WLM, BBM 5.0, Blocked Traffic, App World, Bolt, and BeBuzz Free. I know Facebook and WLM are known to cause memory leaks but i never use WLM its only there for the convenience and should facebook itself really cause that much memory leaks?
    How can i reduce memory leaks.
    You are using a hybrid OS, they were never meant to work together and could be interfering in the normal memory maintenance process.

I would start by rolling back to carrier approved software.

With a fresh build, re-install the software you consider important, try to keep your start up file free in the 15+ Mb range.

Check your settings under Media / Options. Device reserved memory should be set to 5 Mb. It is safe to let your memory occupy the memory down to that setting.

BlackBerry uses Sun Java with automatic memory management. If you let it work, it will manage the memory for you.
    01-22-10 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD