Hey Folks,

I have a quick question. I have the Curve 8330 with NO added applications, only what came with it out of the box. So when I do a Memory check, it shows that I have about 28.5MB's. After about 3 days, I run the Memory Cleaner and recheck the Memory and it will usually show 19MB. Than another 3 days goes by, I repeat the same steps of clearing the Memory and checking what the Memory has and it will usually show about 12MB.

So here is my question, where is the memory going? I get emails and I read and delete them, I read my SMS and delete. I am doing everything I can to keep the memory high and retain the 28.5, but nothing works. It's like a car tire with a small leak. Slowly over time the memory just vanishes.

So is anyone else having this issue? is this in fact a memory leak? Is there anything I can do to pevent it? As it is, I pull the battery every Sunday just so I don't run into memory problems, which in turn slows down everything else. Any help would be appreciated...

Gunny
    06-12-10 11:31 PM
    That is what most people encounter. It really isn't a memory leak as much as it is memory usage. A battery pull once a week is a very common practice. However, if you are not running any apps that might be a little too much. You might check to see if there are any apps running that Sprint has pushed to your phone that are running your memory down.
    06-13-10 07:09 AM
    Are you using your browser? If so it is storing cache in memory. You might want to get QuickPull and have it run when sleeping. You don't have a leak - just usage.

Quick Pull for 4.5 & 4.6
    http://files.steelthorn.com/quickpul.../QuickPull.jad

Quick Pull for 4.7

QuickPull for 5.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vndlewis; 06-15-10 at 06:47 PM.
    06-13-10 07:18 AM
    Thanks for the info. Yes, I use my browser (The built in one by BB), but only about 15minutes total for a 7 day period, if that much. My carrier is Boost Mobile and I am unaware of any programs running on the side. I also use the GPS, but that is only about 1-2 times per month. This memory thing is a pain in the ****. I had an iPhone for 2.5 years and never had to worry about any memory issues.

On a side note, I do have an 8GB card installed and all images and music is stored on the card, not internal memory. Would the card have anything to do with it? Personally I don't see how it could, but hey, I'm a newbee when it come to the Blackberry only having one since Feb of this year..

VNDLEWIS, I am running 5.0, will the program you are directing me to work with my OS?

Again Thanks all!

Gunny
    06-15-10 04:12 PM
    from your BB, browse to getquickpull.com and download v4.0.4.

I have OS 4.5 myself, and an older version of QuickPull, and it is good medicine for a curve. Hope it works for you.
    06-15-10 04:30 PM
    I just downloaded "Quickpull" and "Restart Me", the free versions. Will try them out and let you know which is the keeper and why. Thank You all for this assistance! Makes life a tad bit more enjoyable on the BB Curve 8330, which besides the memory issue has worked perfectly for me. Add in the Bost Mobile plan of $60.00 of UNLIMITED usage in all areas, well it just works and saves me money to boot.

Gunny
    06-15-10 04:44 PM
    I have also been trying the keyboard method I read about:

"Hold Alt + (right) Shift and Del (Alt + Shift + Del)"

However, I cannot get it to work on my Curve 8330 with the 5.0 OS. Anyone know the manual method, if there still is one?
    06-15-10 04:58 PM
    I have also been trying the keyboard method I read about:

"Hold Alt + (right) Shift and Del (Alt + Shift + Del)"

However, I cannot get it to work on my Curve 8330 with the 5.0 OS. Anyone know the manual method, if there still is one?
    That should work! I use that when I take a shower (not with my BB 8330, I do the soft reboot from the bedroom before I go into the shower, lol). Make sure you press all three buttons at the same time
    06-15-10 05:05 PM
    Update: So I downloaded Quick Pull from the app store. Quick Pull freezes up and doesn't work with my Curve 8330 with 5.0 OS. Made numerous tries, no success. I noted that the App Store version was out dated, like 3.4 I think it was. So I went to their web site and downloaded the current version 4.04, and it works. Works exactly as described.
    06-15-10 05:40 PM
    That should work! I use that when I take a shower (not with my BB 8330, I do the soft reboot from the bedroom before I go into the shower, lol). Make sure you press all three buttons at the same time
    Are you running the 5.0 OS?
    06-15-10 05:41 PM
    I love Quickpull and have it scheduled to run every night (around 3 am since that's about the only time it's not in my hand lol) plus I have it monitor my memory so it never drops below 15 MB. I alos go in throughout the day and clear my event log (ALT + L G L G). My MB usually fluctuates between 28 to 17 MB in a day but I run the browser, multiple apps & BBM all day long.
    06-15-10 11:56 PM
    Are you running the 5.0 OS?
    Yes, I'm running OS 5.0.0.608 BBTweaks ver 9.
    06-16-10 09:02 AM
    The stock 5.0. OS that came with the Boost phone had a memory leak. Either run a hybrid or just do a daily battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD