I just downloaded the latest OS 4.5.0.69 last night. I woke up this morning to a message indicating I had no memory left (I checked it was literally at 0, but oddly none of my texts/emails/call logs were deleted) and it gave me the option to delete unused languages, which I did. It then went up to 13mb. Now it's down to 12mb. This is pretty low for me as I've always had about 24mb on my BB when I had 4.2. I have the same applications loaded, nothing different.

Is anyone else having this problem on the new OS and is there a way to solve this leak? I don't know what else to delete to increase memory space as I only have apps on the BB that I use.
    07-31-08 01:08 PM
    An extremely minor memory leak exists for me... but that should be expected!!

How many apps did you have running?

Do you close your apps properly?
    07-31-08 01:13 PM
    Wow...

Installed this last night and seems to be running great so far.

I had about 26Mb of free space after the install and removing uneeded languages etc. And it has been staying in the 22_23.5 range all day.

I want to remove the PTT app, but I do not see it listed in my application manager. Is there another way to remove it?

Thanks
    07-31-08 01:21 PM
    Yeah, go into the java folder and remove it from there
    07-31-08 02:17 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/
    this program from pete6 can delete all the unwanted apps very easily.
    07-31-08 02:25 PM
    Guys, his issue is not that he is low on memory... it is that he has a wicked memory leak!!

Check his post... he started in the 20Mbs and then dropped to O over night!! *YIKES*

He needs to close apps or do app isolation to see which app or theme is causing this massive leak!! I am fine on .69 and it is def not an OS issue!
    07-31-08 02:27 PM
    I made sure all the unncessary apps are closed. The ones that are running are my messages, call log, bb messenger, berry-a-code, PPT (this I plan to delete when I get home). I've never had a problem with the memory before so can only assume that it has something to do with the OS upgrade.

Anything else I should try?
    07-31-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD