I'm kind of new to Blackberry and trying to sort things out. After upgrading to OS 4.5.0.81, I generally had free files of about 19MB after a hard reset. I then added gmail, Beam Reader, and the Documents to Go programs, all roughly totalling 4MB. I removed iSkoot and some other seldom used programs.

Anyway, now after a hard reset, I have about 10MB of Free Files which now dwindles down to around 5MB. This is after deleting the caches and histories in the browser and Opera Mini.

I am having no performance issues or data loss experiences, but it bothers me that the Free Files is less than 10MB. Memory Up Pro is loaded and reports 18,440,420 Bytes free when The OS reports 5,162,035 Files Free. Are these two numbers measuring something totally different? Do I have a potential problem?

Thanks,

Scott
    12-16-08 06:34 AM
    Ive used to this, to remove Voice activated dialing, the t mobile theme as well as any Myfavs things, (you can control this thru billing, its not needed on the phone if you dont want it)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

Also, in your app list, make sure to delete the sample video if you havnt done so, Ive also deleted brick breaker, tasks, memo, help etc, I dont use them.

Use a media card if you havnt got one for pictures, ringtones and whatnot you download.

Make sure you are closing your apps, browser correctly instead of using the escape (or back key) menu, close.

I can have 28,xxx,xxx after a reset, I have removed voice dialing, tmobile theme and the myfavs things.
    I have about 8 apps installed.

Note: if you remove VAD, it wont allow you (for some reason unexplainable) to access the "About" section, however alt+shift+H will give you that info if you need it.
    12-16-08 06:47 AM
    Thank you,

Ive used to this, to remove Voice activated dialing, the t mobile theme as well as any Myfavs things, (you can control this thru billing, its not needed on the phone if you dont want it)
    I have not done this yet, as I am not sure I will not use them. I prefer to manage MyFavs in phone, but that might be a good thing to try.

Also, in your app list, make sure to delete the sample video if you havnt done so, Ive also deleted brick breaker, tasks, memo, help etc, I dont use them.
    Pretty much been there, done that, and bought the T-shirt. I do use memo though, and have not given brick breaker the boot (yet).

Use a media card if you havnt got one for pictures, ringtones and whatnot you download.
    That's one of the first things I did, including deleting all the sample files in the device memory.

Make sure you are closing your apps, browser correctly instead of using the escape (or back key) menu, close.
    I'm rather OC about checking my running apps to be sure nothing's out there.

I can have 28,xxx,xxx after a reset, I have removed voice dialing, tmobile theme and the myfavs things.
    I have about 8 apps installed.

Note: if you remove VAD, it wont allow you (for some reason unexplainable) to access the "About" section, however alt+shift+H will give you that info if you need it.
    I kind of like VAD, though it is real buggy. Still all in all, I should not lose so much RAM, should I? I install about 4MB delete some others and lose about 8-9MB.

I was thinking of upgrading Documents to Go and delete Beam Berry to get PDF capabilities. That might be a memory wash though, since I don't know how much larger Documents to Go would be.

Scott
    12-16-08 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD