I keep getting this message every time a text message comes in that my Sim card is full and to delete messages. So I do and it happens again. I mean by deleting shouldn't it free up room. Are the messages also stored somewhere else that I have to delete also ? Strange thing happened today....so I sync'd my blackberry to do an upgrade and when it was done all the text messages that I had deleted are suddenly all back...messages that I deleted weeks ago...the entire Inbox was full. Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong when deleting. Also exactly how many text messages can be saved on the 8300. This is really reminding me of my Motorola cell phone...always Sim card is full...whereas with my Sony Ericsson I could have 100 messages and never once a message that I had to delete....I'm really confused about this. Any one have any suggestions?
    11-11-08 06:06 PM
    What is your file free at? Options > Status
    11-11-08 06:21 PM
    Hi there...it says9885476 bytes
    11-11-08 06:24 PM
    Hi there...it says9885476 bytes

Options -> SMS Text -> Leave Messages on SIM Card = No.

That should do the trick.
    11-11-08 06:28 PM
    Your memory is too low. I'm not sure why the old messages showed back up, possibly from an old backup. Read through the memory opt in my signature, that should help with your issue. I don't think the messages are actually your problem.
    11-11-08 06:29 PM
    ok..stupid question but i am a newbie...where do i find 'my signature' (i can't believe i just asked that...lol)
    11-11-08 06:39 PM
    I meant the links in my post below my message to you. Just above the edit and quote buttons.
    11-11-08 06:41 PM
    Thank You Berry Me....i just did that and i removed the bb sample video and bb maps...2 things i never would use...and i actually gained a lot of free space...i also set 'leave text messages on sim card' to no.....hopefully all this will stop the annoying 'full' screen from coming up....Thanks again for your help...much appreciated
    11-11-08 07:01 PM
    No problem, welcome!
    11-11-08 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD