So yesterday I was playing around with CrackMem and other stuff. I deleted the two files to get rid of my TMO MyFaves and my MyFaves icons. That was it.

It's off the phone now. It worked fine. However I noticed that ever since I did that, the memory doesn't bump up after a battery pull. It actually goes down a little bit.

I deleted the MyFaves to gain some more memory and I did. I'm holding steady around 24-25. But just then I was at 2548xxxx. I did a battery pull and I went down to 2418xxxx.

Anyone know what could be causing this? Did I screw my phone up?
    Help pleaseeeee and thank you!

Another thing is, is when I use CrackMem, I tried to delete FaceBook off my phone. I confirmed my OS, checked FaceBook to be gone and did Executive Selections. I said action complete but when I run DM nothing happens. Any suggestions there?
    Last edited by CountryyLovee; 12-25-08 at 08:31 AM.
    12-25-08 08:27 AM
    What about txt msgs?
    12-25-08 09:13 AM
    ...It's off the phone now. It worked fine. However I noticed that ever since I did that, the memory doesn't bump up after a battery pull. It actually goes down a little bit.

I deleted the MyFaves to gain some more memory and I did. I'm holding steady around 24-25. But just then I was at 2548xxxx. I did a battery pull and I went down to 2418xxxx.

Anyone know what could be causing this? Did I screw my phone up?
    Help pleaseeeee and thank you!

Another thing is, is when I use CrackMem, I tried to delete FaceBook off my phone. I confirmed my OS, checked FaceBook to be gone and did Executive Selections. I said action complete but when I run DM nothing happens. Any suggestions there?
    I doubt you've hurt your phone. Memory is dynamically managed, and a variation of 1-2MB is normal. It is unusual to see free memory be less after a battery pull.

I don't have Facebook on my phone, but I think it is pushed to your phone as a Service Book by your carrier. If that's correct, you won't be able to delete it. The carrier will just push it back if it's missing. You can hide the icon if you don't want to see it. It actually uses very little memory, so it isn't hurting you.
    12-25-08 09:31 AM
    What exactly do you mean?

Texts are working fine. Everything seems to be working fine.
    I don't have anything saved on the phone if that's what your referring too.

I have major OCD so I delete any and everything I can. Haha!
    12-25-08 09:31 AM
    There's nothing wrong. I've noticed that too on my phone. Then I noticed that the programs in the background were open again. I usually close them. I get bored of the little lights going off in different colors. Lol.

Anyways, memory goes up and down like that. Just as long as you don't go below the 12 000 000. I think you have nothing to worry about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 10:05 AM
    Thanks for all the responses!!

I haven't dropped anymore than maybe 1.5MB after the battery pull so I guess I'm ok.

But like you guys said it's unusal to see memory go down after a pull so I was curious as to what could be causing this. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it over the next few days and see how it goes.
    12-25-08 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD