Hello All,

I am new to the BB world, having one for only 1 month now. I have a BB Curve 8330. A check on my memory at the beginning of the month was device memory = 30.1MB. At the end of the month my device memory was at 11.1MB. This was after running the Memory Cleaner twice. I thought I was saving maybe to much stuff, but that showed barely anything. All media is on the media 8GB card. I have NO 3rd party apps runnning or installed. I have NO themes installed besides the ones it come with out of the box. I have nothing installed and running off of the device memory besides what BB loads on it from the factory. So was baffold. I than did a battery pull and now the memory is back at 31MB.

So, my questions are: Is this a normal thing? Does the BB eat up that much memory during a month? Obviously there was nothing taking up the memory as it freed up with a battery pull, so it had to be the BB OS eating.

THOUGHTS?

Thanks ~~ Gunny
    04-02-10 12:50 AM
    Yes. This is normal for a BB. A regular battery pull is SOP. A battery pull will also clear things up when it acts glitchty.

How to Increase your BB's Memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 03:59 AM
    FYI, the term most used is Memory Leak, but I kind of like your term disassociation too.

Are you properly closing out your apps when you are done using them by pressing Menu Close/Exit and not leaving the apps by pressing the Back or End key? Doing so, will leave the apps running in device memory and you will definitely see your memory leak away... till you properly close them, or take the easy way out and do a battery pull.
    04-02-10 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD