I have the 8310 with AT&T. I am trying to figure out how large of a memory card I can install. The SDHC are different than the SD cards from what I can gather, but some say they will work and some say they will not. I have 4.5 OS. I also would like to know if anyone listens to music on their phone regularly? If so, will the battery hold up if you listen to music on it for several hours during the day? Thanks in advance, you guys have answered all my questions so far without having to post, but I can't get a straight answer anywhere on this.
    01-18-09 02:26 PM
    4.5 should support up to 16GB cards. Search OS-media cards.

These would be the microSD or SDHC variety. The standard SD cards are larger units.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bergerking; 01-18-09 at 02:34 PM.
    01-18-09 02:32 PM
    And as to music, its not going to last as long as without listening to music, but it always last me enough for the day. You're probably gonna need a charge at the end of the day though.

01-18-09 02:37 PM
    I have an 8310 and my 4.5 os only supports an 8gb card, which that enough for almost everything i want/need
    01-18-09 03:45 PM
    Thanks to you all. I think that's enough to talk me into upgrading from a 1G to a 8G. I agree that that should be plenty enough.
    01-18-09 03:56 PM
    If your gonna upgrade to a 8 gig might as well upgrade the battery also.. It's not gonna last a full 8 hours with just the oem battery.. My 2 cents..
    01-18-09 04:18 PM
    I play music on my curve all the time without noticebly more battery use. Best bet toextend battery duing non music use is to always put your BB in standby. Ib use an app called Autostanby that I can set to go into stanby after 3 minutes of inactivity.

01-18-09 04:28 PM
    My card is an SDHC and it works fine.

01-18-09 06:58 PM
    I have the 8310 with AT&T. I am trying to figure out how large of a memory card I can install. The SDHC are different than the SD cards from what I can gather, but some say they will work and some say they will not. I have 4.5 OS. I also would like to know if anyone listens to music on their phone regularly? If so, will the battery hold up if you listen to music on it for several hours during the day? Thanks in advance, you guys have answered all my questions so far without having to post, but I can't get a straight answer anywhere on this.
    SDHC stands for high capacity and as long as your phone supports it there should be no problem. And welcome to crackberry jreese777!
    01-18-09 07:06 PM
    Ok, to further add to this thread. I looked up the suggest by bergerking (thanks btw). This answers all the questions I had. The OS actually upgrades the phone to be able to recognize the HC cards. The 8310 as it was would not until the new 4.5 OS. As for the battery suggestion, Is there an issue with the OEM battery or aftermarket batteries that are better? I haven't had my BB long and have had no issues with battery life, just never tried listening to music for several hours a day. I plan to replace my ipod with my BB though after adding more memory. Again, thanks to you all.
    01-18-09 08:04 PM
    anything above 4.5.0.81 I beleive supports 16 GB cards. Anything lower support 8 GB and smaller.
    01-18-09 08:10 PM
    If your gonna upgrade to a 8 gig might as well upgrade the battery also.. It's not gonna last a full 8 hours with just the oem battery.. My 2 cents..
    Whether one has 1g or 8g microSD(HC) card has no bearing on the battery uage.
    01-18-09 08:19 PM
    For batteries, there is an extended version that retains the original battery door, and the 2600mah job that comes with an extended door. Both are available with descriptions and reviews in the CB store. And you're welcome on the info!

01-18-09 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD