Every time I unlock my phone it feels the need to scan the memory card. This is especially annoying when I'm using it as a music player and unlock it to change songs. When I unlock it it just quits because it's scanning the card again. Anyone else have this problem and fixed it? It doesn't seem to be OS specific as it's happened with the last three that I've had. I'm currently running app ver 4.5.0.127.
    02-21-09 08:37 PM
    I have never had this issue.. Have you tried doing a battery pull..
    02-21-09 08:39 PM
    Very odd, I have never had this issue either and my card is nearly full with pics and tones. Did you format the card PRIOR to using it originally? Just curious.............
    02-21-09 08:41 PM
    yup, did the battery pull. I just did a quick test to make sure I'm not losing my mind. I clicked on the lock and then unlocked it, sure enough it was scanning the stupid card again. Before I locked it it wasn't scanning.
    02-21-09 08:43 PM
    Did you format the card, and are you using mass media storage, I know my phone does this when right when i take it off mass media storage mode.
    02-21-09 08:51 PM
    I don't remember if I formatted it or not. It must be formatted correctly if I'm able to read and write to it though. Mass storage mode is turned on.
    02-21-09 09:00 PM
    I don't remember if I formatted it or not. It must be formatted correctly if I'm able to read and write to it though. Mass storage mode is turned on.
    Not necessarily - some folks I have read on here have issues with cards that were not formatted, personally I think they should be formatted. Works both ways since others dont see the need for it and it will work either way. Just a thought.....
    02-21-09 09:02 PM
    Turn you Mass storage mode to prompt, and see if this helps..

Also, just because you can read and write to your media card doesnt mean it is formatted correctly.. FYI
    02-21-09 09:02 PM
    formatting the card with the blackberry has no affect. When I put the info back on it it does the same thing.
    02-21-09 10:04 PM
    Roger that! That is my cue to move over and let the big boys/girls help ya. Best of luck to you........
    02-21-09 10:06 PM
    And did you try turning you mass storage mode to off or prompt.. ??
    02-21-09 10:09 PM
    Mass storage mode support is set to on and it's set to prompt when connected.
    02-21-09 10:42 PM
    Let me try this again.. Have you tried turning Mass storage OFF.. ??
    02-21-09 10:45 PM
    I just tried turning the mass storage mode off and it's still starts scanning when I unlock it.
    02-22-09 07:47 PM
    Is the phone still under warranty? Might want to get another BB under warranty.

Also, normally the BB only scans the memory card if it detects that files have been added to the card. The card could still have a funky FAT, or file allocation table. You still might want to try copying the contents of your media card onto your computer, then format the card, then move your files back to your card in increments. Check if the BB starts scanning the media card after the initial time, which is normal. By doing that you might be able to pinpoint if the problem corrects with a format, or if you have a corrupted/flaky file somewhere on your card.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD