I've searched for my question but can't exactly find a satisfying answer, but anyway: If you want to buy a MicroSD memory card, what all do you need to get with it?

I know nothing about memory cards, but I was thinking you had to get an adapter and/or card reader. Is this true, and is there anything else? Also, what do these devices do?

Thanks for the help!
    06-06-08 05:40 PM
    You don't have to have anything, but an SD slot adapter is handy if you want to put the MicroSD in a normal SD slot on a computer, to copy files, for example. But you can copy PC-BB with a USB cable, so you don't have to have an adapter.
    06-06-08 05:58 PM
    And to answer your what do they do question, the memory card is what you are going to want to use for saving primarily music, photos, videos, ringtones, etc.
    06-06-08 06:14 PM
    Actually, I'm not THAT dumb, lol (though I am pretty dumb). I know what the memory card does, but I was wondering what the adapter/card reader does. Is the adapter and the card reader the same thing?
    06-06-08 06:39 PM
    Actually, I'm not THAT dumb, lol (though I am pretty dumb). I know what the memory card does, but I was wondering what the adapter/card reader does. Is the adapter and the card reader the same thing?
    Adapters (my sandisk came with two) allow you to use the microSD card in a miniSD or regular SD slot. A reader allows you to plug the microSD card into a USB port, making it easier to use it as a memory stick, or to use it with devices that don't have an available slot.

Both adapters and readers are potentially useful accessories, but are not required.
    06-06-08 06:49 PM
    Ok, so if I wanted to transfer music files from iTunes to my microSD card, which would I need (adapter and card reader?) Would I need anything else. I'm using a MacBook, if that makes any difference.
    06-06-08 07:01 PM
    I'm going to reveal my shameful secret and confess that I don't own an ipod...so I cannot say for sure, but I have read here in the forums many times that blackberry's are not compatible with iTunes. I believe the suggested solution is to copy the files to a CD, thus removing the DRM, and then rip them from the CD into the correct mp format. Whether that's mp3 or mp4, I'm not sure. And of course I am not advocating using this technique to copy music you do not own legally. You will not need any adapter or reader in any case.
    06-06-08 07:10 PM
    The new OS and DM should support iTunes syncing. BBOS4.6 and the new DM (which'll come on the Bold) support syncing straight through itunes, right out of the box.

In the meantime, though, we still have to go through MSD mode.
    06-06-08 09:09 PM
    i've tried different free software and options to convert .avi, mpg. movies for BB but i did not succeed so far. what kind of extension a BB 8830 use for videos (mp4 or avi)
    06-07-08 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD