My curve's trackball self-destructed, but fortunately, Asurion delivered a free replacement in 3 days. I backed-up the 3rd party apps. & then backed-up everything else. After I loaded a new 4.5 os from verizon I proceeded to upload all the data from my old curve. So far, everything is working fine, but I have to get new registration codes for a lot of my apps. because I actually changed PIN #'s. Question; When rebooting the new curve, I get the following message 'A Media Card has been inserted that contains encrypted content which will be unaccessable by this device. Please place the Media Card in the original device to access the content.' This refers to pictures,ringtones and voice notes which were on the card. The problem is that before I realised this was necessary, I had already mailed the wiped old curve back to Asurion, per their instructions. So now, how do I retrieve the encrypted content and transfer it to my new phone? I hope to not lose priceless pictures and expensive ring-tones. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks
    12-20-08 01:34 PM
    somebody help me!!!
    12-20-08 05:20 PM
    Not sure what to tell you. And to add injury to insult you could have put a new trackball in it for less than $10.

This may or may not work, but try this. Move the media to your pc. Open each folder and find and delete all .dat files. They may be hidden. Select show all files if you don't see them.
    12-20-08 05:28 PM
    Dumb question. How do I move the media to my pc?
    12-20-08 05:30 PM
    Unless you can find a 3rd party app to decrypt the SD card Im not sure you are going to be able to access it. Im not sure an app exists to do this but it may be worth a shot to take a look. What about loading it into your computer? Do you have a SD reader? Just a few thoughts.
    12-20-08 05:32 PM
    I don't even know what an SD reader is. But, I sent an e-mail directly to SanDisk and posed the same question. Hopefully, they will respond. Thanks for input
    12-20-08 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD