i was thinking about upgrading the memory card. But im not to sure which one i should get. I have the standard 1g right now. Any suggestions?
    07-26-09 02:48 AM
    It depends. If you want o put a lot of music and video on your card, then go with at least 8GB. Get a name brand card.
    07-26-09 03:01 AM
    thanks x. yeah I've got a lot of music, not so much videos. what brand card do you suggest. i saw the ones that crackberry offer, any good?
    07-26-09 03:07 AM
    Sandisk hands down

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 03:16 AM
    Sandisk 8g Thats The Largest A Curve With Os 4.5 Can Use,
    07-26-09 03:56 AM
    thanks jtran, by chance, have you changed out your housing? i want to but, im not very mechanically inclined. My luck I'll destroy the whole thing
    07-26-09 03:56 AM
    Careful red33. These guys are right about the 8GB Sandisk by the way. Hands down no questions asked. However, I am curious to know if it can support a 16GB. But my response is in reference to you changing your housing. I did it myself, and no, I'm no special tech. Just an average guy who likes to fool around with electronics from time to time. Well, I did it myself, and it looks great. BUT...my headphone jack no longer works as a result. Apparently this is an issue with a lot of ppl who have changed their housings. Now I use bluetooth headphones. And that's not completely satisfying either. But that's a whole different story. Just make sure you consider that possibility and whether or not you can live with it b4 you decide to change you housing.

07-26-09 06:42 AM
    Oh, and as for your memory card. Give ebay a look see. I can't find another place that has em cheaper. I'd say the crackberry store. But I'm sure even the guys over there would like to save a bit of money also. I personally have a 4GB card with a lot of songs and vids. However I find myself with 1.2GB left as of 2day. I'm seriously considering moving up to an 8.

07-26-09 06:45 AM
    Sandisk 8g Thats The Largest A Curve With Os 4.5.0 Can Use,
    I edited your post to clear up some confusion it might cause. If the OS is 4.5.0 the maximum size is 8 GB. See chart below...

Careful red33. These guys are right about the 8GB Sandisk by the way. Hands down no questions asked. However, I am curious to know if it can support a 16GB? But my response is in reference to you changing your housing. I did it myself, and no, I'm no special tech. Just an average guy who likes to fool around with electronics from time to time. Well, I did it myself, and it looks great. BUT...my headphone jack no longer works as a result. Apparently this is an issue with a lot of ppl who have changed their housings. Now I use bluetooth headphones. And that's not completely satisfying either. But that's a whole different story. Just make sure you consider that possibility and whether or not you can live with it b4 you decide to change you housing.

It could it depends on the OS version, read below...

To the OP it depends on the OS version that is on your device as to what size media card it can handle, unless you upgrade it. To find your OS version either go to options>about or type the word myver and hit spacebar in a text to find it. Here's the limits on media cards with their respective Operating Systems...

BlackBerry Device Software version Media card size limit
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB
    Last edited by Iceman; 07-26-09 at 12:10 PM.
    07-26-09 12:01 PM
    I have a 1G generic and its slooooooooow.
    Waiting for a sandisk on sale.

07-26-09 02:36 PM
    hey iceman, i bought my card before reading your post. for some reason my curve is only 4.2. i bought the 8g card. so are you saying that it wont work in my BB or it wont fit?
    07-28-09 06:21 AM
    hey iceman, i bought my card before reading your post. for some reason my curve is only 4.2. i bought the 8g card. so are you saying that it wont work in my BB or it wont fit?
    It will fit in the device, but as far as you storing 8 GB of media on it won't work. You will need to upgrade your OS in order to accomodate the larger card. It needs to be at least a 4.5.0 OS in order to make 8 GB work...
    07-28-09 06:38 AM
    thanks for that info iceman. now about the upgrade, is it easy to do? i saw the 101 lecture on how to do it but, im not computer savvy and would hate to ruin my BB. plus im a mac user, and i saw something on the upgrade lecture there might be a problem with the upgrade process.
    07-28-09 06:50 AM
    thanks for that info iceman. now about the upgrade, is it easy to do? i saw the 101 lecture on how to do it but, im not computer savvy and would hate to ruin my BB. plus im a mac user, and i saw something on the upgrade lecture there might be a problem with the upgrade process.
    Look at this thread on upgrading. It is easy to do but the more you read the more comfortable you will be in doing it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...rade+procedure
    07-28-09 07:02 AM
    Sandisk 8g Thats The Largest A Curve With Os 4.5 Can Use,
    Not quite correct. I have a Curve 8320 running os 4.5.0.161 and my Curve is loving its A-Data Turbo 16gb microSDHC card. After formatting you get 14.9gb. From what I understand OS 4.5 initially could only use 8gb. But release 4.5.0.81 and above support 16gb.
    07-28-09 10:56 AM
    hey iceman i told you the wrong os. mine is 4.3 so according to your list the 8g card i bought will work. thanks for the thread on proper upgrade, havent got around to doing it yet but, thanks for the info in advance
    07-29-09 05:58 AM
    New to the Curve threads, just came from a storm and looking towards my new tour I knew you guys were good but dang, I was going to ask you guys that same question about max sim card for my 8330 and POOF there is the answer 3rd topic from the top!.. thanks for the info fellas and i look forward to chatting with you in these forums
    07-29-09 06:25 AM
    in my opinion
    Be careful when you upgrade your memory card because your BB maybe will slow and it's had for you access to your card (video, picture, music...).
    07-29-09 06:44 AM
    Oh, and as for your memory card. Give ebay a look see. I can't find another place that has em cheaper. I'd say the crackberry store. But I'm sure even the guys over there would like to save a bit of money also. I personally have a 4GB card with a lot of songs and vids. However I find myself with 1.2GB left as of 2day. I'm seriously considering moving up to an 8.

i got my 8gb sandisk from ebay for a total of 20 bucks including shipping.
    walmart want almost 60 for it.
    07-29-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD