I've been having issues with my Curve as of late and I'm running 4.5.0.81. The main issue has been a memory leak and that my AIM hasn't been able to connect as frequently as it has in the past.

The memory leak has gotten so bad that I do a battery pull at least once a day. The only programs I have installed on my phone are MySpace, Google Maps, a Sudoku game and the Gmail application. I have no idea what's the issue. I do quite a lot of texting on my phone but I clear the text messages quite often (I check the database size) and that can't be it. I used to have about 18-19k file free but its dipped as low as 12k last week.

The other issue with AIM is odd as well since I've never had any issues with it not being able to connect before. Also I have been able to connect and just see my buddy groups with no buddies online (and I always have people online).

So can anyone hopefully enlighten me as to what could be the issues here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 02:24 PM
    Try upgrading...There has been some people posting that Myspace has caused a leak and Facebook def has caused some issues. First you could remove MySpace app, before upgrading. As for AIM, did it just stop working or never worked? Try entering the TCP settings under Options>Adv Opt. You can get the settings here;

GPRS and MMS Settings for Cellphones and Handhelds

Also some carriers like AT&T up until now blocked the use of the BB AIM app, you could try Nimbuzz which is free and has over 5 IM apps integrated into it.
    Last edited by ghostshell; 01-13-09 at 03:57 PM.
    01-13-09 03:53 PM
    My AIM has always worked but as of late connecting has not been 100% (I would say within the last 3-4 weeks). So I doubt the settings need to be changed but I will look in to that.

I'm on T-Mobile with a 8320 and haven't had any issues until the past month or so which is just really strange. Removed the MySpace and Gmail program (I don't like it much anymore). Hopefully this will be the answer to the problems with the free space
    01-13-09 10:20 PM
    my aim does the same thing about 50% of the time...i find it very frustrating!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 10:41 PM
    Glad I'm not the only one with this issue

Currently looking in to other IM programs I might be able to use instead of the AIM program on the phone.
    01-13-09 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD